_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Black Dog: Figs, Stowage & Braille
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 06:35 AM UTC
Black Dog have just mailed us with details of their latest releases in 1/35th (Figures & Stowage and a New release in 1/72nd. The Full report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 08:21 AM UTC
Sweet! those EOD figures + Bronco's new M1114 + AFV Club Talon = a cool Hurt Locker diorama option!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 03:41 PM UTC
I like the way you think Jason

I'm digging the 1/72 accessories for the Dragon kits too
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 05:07 AM UTC
Since building "Bad Mofo in Iraq" and "Jarheads in Iraq," I have become a real fan of stowage sets as really making a kit come alive. You can put these items on the kit from scratch or go with a set and save yourself a lot of time and sometimes wasted effort through trial & error.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 07:11 AM UTC
The sets that come molded in groups is nice- it gives the stowage a more natural/realistic look than adding one backpack, bedroll, etc. at a time. For exapmle, the Real Models stowage on your AAVP looks great. Hanging one backpack at a time doesn't look as good without trimming/sanding/putty. Of course you can do a variety. What always gets me is how those things are attached on the real thing. Picking out wheter they use straps, ropes, etc is tough from pictures

Quoted Text

Since building "Bad Mofo in Iraq" and "Jarheads in Iraq," I have become a real fan of stowage sets as really making a kit come alive. You can put these items on the kit from scratch or go with a set and save yourself a lot of time and sometimes wasted effort through trial & error.

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 07:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The sets that come molded in groups is nice- it gives the stowage a more natural/realistic look than adding one backpack, bedroll, etc. at a time. For exapmle, the Real Models stowage on your AAVP looks great.

Thanks, Jason, I appreciate the compliments. The "group look" was the reason I chose the RM set over the Legends set-- it seemed to reflect more truly the pics I'd seen from Frenchy and others.
Quoted Text

Hanging one backpack at a time doesn't look as good without trimming/sanding/putty. Of course you can do a variety. What always gets me is how those things are attached on the real thing. Picking out wheter they use straps, ropes, etc is tough from pictures

True, except for tanks where there are fewer personnel. The attachment points are, for the most part, covered over, so I just leave that part alone and try to pile up enough [auto-censored] that you can't see the pack backs.
 _GOTOTOP