_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
forum posting.
JokerNinjay
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 08:17 PM UTC
Is there a way to know if someone has just recently posted a forum of yours rather than going through them all to see if someone has posted something? If not I think there should be some way of knowing. Please let me know and thank you.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 08:23 PM UTC
Yes Jay there is; if you look towards the top right hand side there is a tap called subscribe, select the tab and request to be notified. This does require that the E-mail address you registered with needs is still active as that is where notifications will be sent.
JokerNinjay
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hmm I think it would be a little more handy if there was a little thing like an emoticon that pops up whenever you get a new reply or something as it gets a little hard to subscribe and be notified if there are alot of posts you are following and gets to be a slight hassle to go to your inbox on email and see all these notifications that has to be looked at deleted and would be easier to do from this site. Thanks for your input though as it was a good reply but it's just a hassle to do everything like this.
Thanks, Jay.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 07:32 PM UTC
I believe it was done this way as it provides a link to the thread in the notification. If you feel there is a better way of doing this then contact Jim S and explain your idea, you never know he may agree.
JokerNinjay
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 03:12 PM UTC
allright, Thanks for everything.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 - 09:06 AM UTC
Hi Jay,
As I just explained to someone in a staff forum, I am going to attempt to build a new 'notifications' system that will alert people to various things they have shown interest in. Sort of like Facebook's notification system. So if you have 'liked'/'favorited' an item (or posted in a thread) the system will generate a notification record that will show up in your account area.

It may be a while before I can get this built though.

Thanks,
Jim
JokerNinjay
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 10:06 PM UTC
Thanks for the information Jim it would make things a whole lot easier. I love the site and love how things are being done to improve the site, 2 thumbs up for you and the other staff members.
 _GOTOTOP