Hosted by Darren Baker
PICS - new releases /Ruins
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:44 PM UTC
Here is the link to the newest items (all resin ruins) that will be soon added to the scalemilitary.com website... each item has a part number associated with a "finished" demo" image, and the same part number with RESN (ie, 1234RESN) which shows exactly what ships with the kit. Prices will be on the website soon. Here is a photo to whet your appetite... a 1:35 scale alleyway with a damaged brick wall and column post... several more can be viewed at the link... so whadya think?

http://groups.msn.com/ScaleMilitaryPhotos/augustreleases.msnw?Page=1
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:24 PM UTC
Whole thingy included? Looks nice! Trying to work a scale off the fallen soldier. Would it take a small armoured car, for e.g.?
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:01 AM UTC
ACtually this is a pretty nice piece that was intended to be used to set off armor and vehicles. Many of my customers are "tread-heads" who don't do dioramas, but they wanted something they could use to show off their work. Of course it can also be used for figures, but to answer your question, it would easily accomodate an armorned car. the overall dimensions are 6 "x 9" x 1/3".
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Whole thingy included? Looks nice!

Thanks... the kit includes the stone road base with sidewalks, and the damaged brick wall and column.

The soldier and the loose bricks are not included, but are intended to give you ideas of scale and possible use. This kit is white resin, so the detail is excellent.

Price is $19.00US
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 05:52 PM UTC
I just looked at your items and they look really good. I just have these 2 questions,
What does the reverse side look like? Are they 'solid' or are they just to be shown from the front?
Will the different sections of the building fit together to construct a single building? If not maybe you could think about this with your next pieces, that way the buyers could enlarge the building to suit.
Again great kits, you should let us know all the prices soon.
Cheers
Robbo
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 02:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just looked at your items and they look really good. I just have these 2 questions,
What does the reverse side look like? Are they 'solid' or are they just to be shown from the front?

This particular piece is "front facing only"... but several of our pieces are "dual face" - Keith

Quoted Text

Will the different sections of the building fit together to construct a single building? If not maybe you could think about this with your next pieces, that way the buyers could enlarge the building to suit. Again great kits, you should let us know all the prices soon.

Our entire concept is around "modular" pieces, just as you have suggested. That is why we sell "pieces" as well as whole kits. In fact, if you go to the website (just click the banner below) and then chose CATALOG, you will see there is a section for PARTS & PIECES and another selection for KITS.
 _GOTOTOP