Hosted by Darren Baker
more updates, more rubble!
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:45 AM UTC
hey guy's i just took a few more pictures. added a lot more rubble. a bent, brokendrain pipe on building no.2. alot of painting and scratchbuilding still needs to be done. my garage is a mess! the parents aren't to keen of that. i was wondering if i should put an arm coming out of a pile of rubble. would that be too graphic, vile? i thought it may look cool. give me your thoughts.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:59 AM UTC
Pnzr-Cmdr
Glad to see the work continues, you're making good progress.
As far as an arm - I wouldn't. A bit to graphic. If you want to convey a missing soldier I would use a helmet, a boot (cut off a figures foot and drill out the place where his leg would be), some 1/2 buried gear.
MadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 11:59 AM UTC
the panzer 4 look nice is it the tamiya-kit?
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:04 PM UTC
yea it's the tamiya with eduard photo etched zimmerit included.

scott, i'll probably do a helmet with a hole in it or something like that.
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:09 PM UTC
you know waht. stupid me didn't update the site so those pics are all old. here is the site with the new pics. sorry for my ignorance.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:15 AM UTC
If you want to interject some "human" tradgedy" I agree that things like a helment, purse, or boot might be a little more tasteful. In a commercial ruin, such as an office, business or house, you might consider things like framed pictures scattered in the debris - or perhaps children's toys, books, clothing, cooking utensils, chairs, tables etc.

Some of these things are readily available in commercial kits, or could be scratch-built from scrap... but i often find neat stuff in the local "dollhouse" shop nearby. I have small statues, trophys, golf clubs, picture frames, pots and pans, chairs, world globe, lamps, filing cabinets... just all sorts of stuff that is perfect for a scene like you are discussing.. Best of all, you can buy these items one-each, and they usually run well under a dollar for the white metal casting.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 11:42 AM UTC
Dio is coming on nicely. Some other small things which you might consider; The addition of extra rubble is great, but add some inside the ruins as well. Italeri have a cheap set of telegraph poles ........ a few of these on street corners adds some more detail and also realism......... maybe a few street lights ..... available in one of tamiyas accessory packs. Extras like these which are easy to do yourself can add so much ...... some propaganda posters .... road signs (in tamiya accessory pack, as above).... barricade etc.
Just throwing about some ideas which might give you some more ideas!! keep Žem coming!!
 _GOTOTOP