_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/76 Churchills
AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 683 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 04:07 AM UTC
I am going to start into a line of 1/76 scale Churchills to save space. How is the detail on both the Revell and Airfix Churchill's? I am looking at the AVRE with bridge by Revell and the Airfix bridging Churchill. Are there PE or After Market tracks for these guys?

Another question other than Millicast are there any other manufacturers of "Funnies"?
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 05:59 AM UTC
Jim, the Revell offering is actually the former Matchbox mould and isn't too bad at all. The best way to determine for yourself is to look at the Matchbox Nostalgia Campaign Feature. The link will take you to page #3 and you will see builds by three different people near the bottom of the page. AFAIK, there isn't any PE or AM tracks for the bridgelayer. I've never looked into the "Funnies" so I'll leave that to others to comment on.

Hope this helps,
Jan
ChrisDM
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 06:20 AM UTC
worth noting though that the Airfix bridgelayer is a postwar type based on a MkVII chassis (round side escape hatches etc)

you can't build a wartime example out of that box

Matador models do a range of conversions for the airfix 1/76 churchills
http://www.matadormodels.co.uk/kcb/lists.htm
AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 683 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 11:28 AM UTC
Thanks Chris, that is a great start and they have some of the "Funnies" in their museum.

I have started some 1/35 projects and the bridging vehicles would take up a lot of space on the shelf, so I will be working on them in 1/76.
 _GOTOTOP