_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help with M107
dragongunner
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 09:21 AM UTC
Looking for a model of the M107 SP gun. Served in Germany on these in 70s-80s. Italeri used to do one,but not any more. Any help would be gratefull. From an ex gunner.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 10:08 AM UTC
The best advice I can give is to find the M110A2 kit, which are still relatively easy to find. Then you can either turn your own barrel, with measurements I'll be happy to provide for you, taken with digital calipers, so you know you're getting the same as the kit barrel, OR,
using those same measurements, I can cut you one on the lathe tomorrow. The only hitch is that the aluminum rod is not cheap. (I've been manufacturing my own parts for my bike, so I'm routinely buying aluminum and stainless)

ETA: Short of actually finding the M107 on Ebay, another option just occurred to me:
If anyone volunteers to do the work, I'll send them my barrel which they can make a mold from and cast. Then there'd be a permanent fix for anyone looking for the kit. I no longer have the time for casting, sooo...Any voluneers?
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 03:33 PM UTC
There have been 3 in the past two weeks on ebay US. They were all around $36 plus shipping.

Ebay will be your best bet

Rounds Complete!!
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 04:17 PM UTC
Shoot, saw one at a vendors table at a recent show and was thinking I should pick it up as I know it's getting hard to find. Just shows that you should listen to your inner voice
Jim
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 04:58 PM UTC
I know that feeling. Seems that Verlinden made a resin tube for the 175mm gun, but it's been twenty years since I recall seeing one advertised. Not to dash your hopes!!
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 05:01 PM UTC
BTW, if you post this in the Vietnam section, you might get a few more hits. Although this was a US weapon that was exported, it saw a lot of in-country use in VN with US forces, both Army and Marine, along with the 8" howitzer on the same chassis.
dragongunner
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 02:35 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply, will carry on searching.
dragongunner
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, if you post this in the Vietnam section, you might get a few more hits. Although this was a US weapon that was exported, it saw a lot of in-country use in VN with US forces, both Army and Marine, along with the 8" howitzer on the same chassis.

Not used to the site yet as new on here, how do i go about putting it on the vietnam site??.
dragongunner
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There have been 3 in the past two weeks on ebay US. They were all around $36 plus shipping.

Ebay will be your best bet

Rounds Complete!!

Thanks for this,have just checked,typical nothing there but will be checking again regularly.
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 05:41 AM UTC
Sorry Don, although I can give great advice, I can't tell you how to post in another forum. Maybe another well-wisher can help??
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 05:46 AM UTC
Don, I have sent a message to the Armour mediator, asking for assistance with the request. Stay tuned!
dragongunner
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 08:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don, I have sent a message to the Armour mediator, asking for assistance with the request. Stay tuned!

Thanks Jim much appreciated.
bigmal
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 176 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hello Don

I have an Italeri M107 with a turned aluminium barrel thats been sat on my shelf for years, if you are still looking for one let me know and we can work something out.

Malcolm
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 07:08 AM UTC
In order to post in another area of the forum select the forums tag at the top of the page, and from the next page select the forum you want to carry your post in this case Armour/AFV. Then select start/post new topic and on the next page under the title is a selection area for all the sub areas you can place your post/thread.
 _GOTOTOP