_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
verlinden T-72 hull
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 03:01 PM UTC
Is the Verlinden resin T-72 hull worth paying for? I saw the turret had minor issues but I cannot seem to find anything on the hull. If it helps, I am going to build a Finnish T-72 using the Blast Turret
stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 10:51 PM UTC
Hi Jason
If you build a finish T72M1 the Tamiya's hull is "accurate" (excepting the fact that engine deck should be 2mm decentred, but the Verlinden's hull don't correct it from what i knows).
The finish T72 need the add on armored plate on the front which is already on the Tamiya's kit so no need to change the hull.
A T72A turret like the ones from JS Models, Blast or Miniarm is the only real need (with extra detailling).
Stéphane
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 11:07 PM UTC
As Stephane has pointed out, the Finnish T-72 has the welded on front plate. So apart from a new turret (with the Finnish additional stowage box) theres nothing else you need to do to the Tamiya kit.
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 11:25 PM UTC
For a finnish T-72 it's not so necessary the extra stowage box at the side of turret.
If you visit www.andreaslarka.net site you'll get t-72 walkaround with all the details that you need to know.
About the hull....the first boxes on the left fender is incorrectly oriented and as the guys say...engine deck should be decentered.
Here is my wip...still lots of things to do like re-position the smoke dischargers that have a wrong angle on my model.
Let me know if you need some other info or if I can help you in some way.
Ciro Riccio

MilSpec
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 03:19 AM UTC
The verlinden T-72 is basically a copy of the Tamiya with small improvements.
They moved the radiator cover mounting lugs on the left side over to the frame rail,( Tamiya had the cover bolted to itself). However, what they should have done is move the entire radiator housing to the left along with those misplaced lugs. They also added the missing upper mounts of the external tanks and zip boxes to the hull. The hull glacis add on armor was removed. The storage box cover orientation was corrected.
Since the glacis armor is correct for Finnish, the Tamiya hull is probably the best starting point. As for the other changes, the level of detailing you desire is up to you.
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 09:26 AM UTC
http://model-forum.ucoz.ru/_fr/7/6305071.jpg

http://model-forum.ucoz.ru/_fr/7/5269972.jpg

http://model-forum.ucoz.ru/_fr/7/2608584.jpg
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:13 AM UTC
Igor, what exactly do you want to say with your post?

Regards,

Andreas
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:21 AM UTC
Well the last 2 pics are Miniarms T-72A front hull conversion (presumably being offered as the better alternative to the Verlinden hull)

But its the first pic that interests me. A T-72AV turret??
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 06:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Igor, what exactly do you want to say with your post?

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas, only the information...
To whom that it will be interesting!

Best regards,
Igor
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 07:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well the last 2 pics are Miniarms T-72A front hull conversion (presumably being offered as the better alternative to the Verlinden hull)

But its the first pic that interests me. A T-72AV turret??

Yes, T-72A turret with anti-radiation liner ( late version)
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 01:28 AM UTC
Igor,

interesting. Nice effort on the turret. I always thought that the "AV" ist with ERA but different layout then the "B". See picture for what I mean:

Found picture on corbis.

Anyway, nice. In your last picture, there are some small bags in the background. In the middle bag, is this the ARENA system? By SP Design or are you creating your own? Just curious.....

Regards,

Andreas
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Igor,

interesting. Nice effort on the turret. I always thought that the "AV" ist with ERA but different layout then the "B". See picture for what I mean:

I was under the impression that an AV is a late model A fitted with era, but as the turret has the anti radiation cladding and as far as I know, no other A turrets have this, its why i figured it was the AV.

And that Arena system you spotted Andreas, Igor does mention on panzer35 website that hes working on some of this stuff for the BMP-3, so perhaps its his own design!?
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 03:23 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I do not need the Verlinden hull, so that saves me $30 or so. The miniarm stuff looks great!

ciro- your progress on the T-72 is fantastic!
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 07:29 AM UTC
Rob,

thanks a lot for your input. I´m really amazed of MINIARMS quality and product range, im just very very very dissapointed about the service which I was confronted in the past. I commited myself not to support this company anymore. (except the products I already have in my stash)Not easy at all......

Best regards,
Andreas
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 07:53 AM UTC
OK disregard what I said, the turret is a late model A fitted with lead laminate armor, according to Chris Just over on ML and I think hes an expert on these things.

Andreas-buying from Russian model companies is a nightmare full stop-just look at how impossible it is to get hold of Modelpoint kits! I have found Hobbyeasy to be a very good supplier of Miniarm stuff however, and they offer them at quite good prices.
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 09:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Igor,

Found picture on corbis.

Anyway, nice. In your last picture, there are some small bags in the background. In the middle bag, is this the ARENA system? By SP Design or are you creating your own? Just curious.....

Regards,

Andreas

On your picture Т-72АВ
On mine it is Arena it not the SP it is a correct detail made with 3D
MINIARM
Visit this Community
Russia
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 09:30 AM UTC

_GOTOTOP