_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-80 Drive Sprocket for Masterclub Track
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 05:04 PM UTC
I just read Jacque's review from a couple years ago on the Masterclub Track for the T-80 and how they don't fit the Skit drive sprockets...are there any alternatives out there to use with the Skif kit? Did SP Designs redo their drive sprockets so they fit the Masterclub track?

arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 02:02 AM UTC
Hello Scott,
the newer version of the Sp design sprocket will fit the Masterclub traks. My example was not perfectly fitting but it is manageable. Another alternative is to convert a T72 sprocket from Tamiya. This is how the Sp design master was made.
MilSpec
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 02:51 AM UTC
Definitely the SP Designs sprocket. You also get a far superior final drive housing with the sprockets (same as the Tamiya T-72 housing). This sprocket is very accurate in appearance, no comparison to the very simple Skif sprocket. And, they are inexpensive.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 05:23 PM UTC
I mastered the SP Designs sprocket because there was, and is, no alternative if you want to use the Master Club tracks on the SKIF kit. I used the "teeth" from the DML sprocket on a Tamiya T-72 sprocket that I had cleaned up. It is not perfect, but it is LOTS better than using the DML sprocket on the SKIF kit, and that is a objective view.

Using the SP Designs pieces you will get a good model in the end.

_GOTOTOP