_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Need info on DShK gun and ammo for T-55
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 259 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 08:50 AM UTC
Hi all,

I have recently began construction of the Tamiya T-55, and wish to add some small detail where I can. Aside from the obvious ares of fuel lines, foil fenders, etc, I wanted to add the ammo boxes to the turret sides, but the Tamiya offerings have the straps moulded on, and if I were to sand them off, it would destroy the ribbed detail.

THus, I"m wondering where I can get a set of these boxes without the straps moulded on?

ALso, as to the DShK machine gun, is it accurate enough, or is there a better aftermarket offering, and if so, which one?
clay_cliff
Visit this Community
Lima, Peru
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 371 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 08:58 AM UTC
Tank has some DShK, with different mounts, and the ammo boxes:

Clicky

You can modify the kit provided ammo box (one is spare) and get resin copies. Hope this helps. Best regards.

José.
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 05:47 AM UTC
I second Jose on the TanK stuff - MIG also does a set. Then theres AEF designs......... (I also think these are overscale)

Blast also makes some nice ones that are "bagged" (6) that comes with their T55 update set.

Chris
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 259 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 05:52 AM UTC
Thanks for the info guys. I hadn't even thought of casting my own. Gave it a shot last night, but used plastecine for moulds, so if they don't turn out too nice, I'll see to purchasing a set.
 _GOTOTOP