Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 06:57 AM UTC
Hi Folks,

It's been a while, but I am finally putting down roots again and unpacking models. Here's my ESCI 1/35 Sd. Kfz.10/4 mit 2cm FlaK. I packed her away during my first cross-country move in Aug. 1990. She survived a farther cross-country trip in 1993, then two of only 1,800 miles since Nov. 2007. She hasn't been outta the box until a couple of weeks ago. Some smaller parts were broken off, as were the ammo cans, but that's why I secured them with Elmer's glue. The delicate wheel-axle attachments had broken loose; reattached with generous CA. Didn't stop the thin male piece on one side from breaking, so now that wheel is fixed in place.

Wash-weathered. I didn't weather the tracks. I did undate my gunner with my wash-shading.

ESCI seems more to 1/32. Note the comparision of the ESCI figures next to a Tamiya figure from their Greif.

Italeri bought ESCI, and Revell was partnered with ESCI, too. I have read reports that the Italeri kit was based on the ESCI, and Revell's is based on Italeri's. Some say yes, most say no.

My Model History spreadsheet (OK, stop snickering! ) shows that I paid $7.50 for it, and I started the model on October 8, 1986, finishing it on December 19, 1987. I used Pactra and Pactra International Colors enamels (uniforms), Polly S latex (Dunkelgelb), and Tamiya paints.

I'd love to review this model for fun, but do not have an unbuilt kit.

P.S., that's ground kitty litter under the fenders. :-)
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 07:47 AM UTC
Not too shabby for a kit you finished twenty three years ago. Funny I picked this very kit up in my LHS last year for I think 10€
 _GOTOTOP