_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Here is my latest creation (work in progress)
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 12:00 PM UTC

I started this project yesterday morning. I called in sick (shhh...don't tell my boss) and spent all day doing what I really love. Right now this is all have. I still need to decide what figures will go nicely with this particular setting. If you would like to see a couple more photos follow this link
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 12:04 PM UTC
Hey, what better way to spend the day?!
Looks very nice. I like the moss on the bunker's roof. Are you going to add any kind of cannon to this or is it a machine gun nest? Would be cool to see a barrel sticking out of the port.
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 12:18 PM UTC
I like the moss, I really like all the vegatation. The water is part of it as well? I couldn't tell if it was all the same dio, or if the picture was taken in front of the real thing. That's how convincing it looks to me!

#:-)

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 03:37 PM UTC
That is one SWEET little scene. :-) Congratulations on a job well done.
Bren
Visit this Community
Cape Province, South Africa
KitMaker: 381 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:55 PM UTC
more productive than a day at work thats for sure!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 10:11 PM UTC
Nice work so far Marty. Is the bunker scratchbuilt? If so would you mind to share how did you do it?
Ciao
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 01:27 AM UTC
Thanks guys for your comments. I haven't decided yet what this will be but most likely I will make it into a machine gun nest. The water in the background is actually a photo from a calendar. I figured my bunker would look better on a nice background than in front of tools and paint bottles. As far as the bunker goes, it is an old Verlinded product. Long time ago I made a latex mold of the original and have been casting it since.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 03:29 AM UTC
Nice looking bunker Marty... could I suggest some ivy on the side and the roof of the building or perhaps a green camo netting draped on it to blend more with surroundings?

Keep us posted.

Mario M.
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 04:23 AM UTC
Very nice and better of a day of work..sure..
What do you thing about captured german soldiers and Allied soldier near the bunker?
in the dio there aren' t signs of fight so german were simply surrender whit no fight, is it possible?
however great job
regards
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 04:24 AM UTC
very nice work, well done. How about placing troops around the bunker doing their admin?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 04:34 AM UTC
Excellent dio here, and really great photography. My only comment is that the side of the top slab seem too clean. Perhaps you should dirty it up with some smoke or something? I think you could do just about anything with this as far as figures. You could hang some laundry somewhere? Maybe have a scene showing the surrender of the defenders? That's what I would like to see but then, that's my bias, if you have to model Germans why not show them loosing.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 07:41 AM UTC
Niice.
I'd like to call in with a Vision Problem - Gee Boss I can't see myself coming in to work today.

The diorama looks good. One comment is on the two bushes in shooting zone. They may be a bit to high.
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd like to call in with a Vision Problem - Gee Boss I can't see myself coming in to work today.

That's funny Scott. About the grass clumps in shooting zone. They are on a downslope thus not obstructing view. That's the problem with pictures, they only show two dimensions.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 09:46 AM UTC
Hey Marty, that bunker is chilling. i live close to hornchurch Airfield very active during the last war, now its overgrown and abandoned but i often go for a walk there and you can part some bushes and there is your bunker they could cut you in half and you wouldnt know it. you have definatley captured the atmosphere, for me anyway.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 10:16 AM UTC
Really nice bunker. Nice subject for a day when your bunking off work!!
Its a pity you have made this so early ....... it would have made a nice addition to the upcoming "Operation cover-up" campaign. Anyways ..... as you´ve molded it, maybe you could do another rendition of it for that campaign! The concrete colour is very realistic and i like the grass/moss that has started to grow on the roof. Nice touches.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 11:00 AM UTC
Great diorama! Hope I can make one like that someday!
 _GOTOTOP