Aircraft dioramas and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
need idea
Duckfan135
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 07:24 PM UTC
I already built a 1/48th scale model of a ju-87 tank buster and I can't think of an idea for a dio to put it in.
MadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 248 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:13 PM UTC
a airfield in russia winter 42 where some workers service the plane
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 01:31 AM UTC
Have the pilot and gunner scambling to get in to take off to repel an attack somewhere.

HastyP
laurie
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 217 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 03:47 AM UTC
hi, maybe you can make a scene of an airfield that is under attack. The crew of the Junker is running to their airplane, maybe you could make some dameged airplanes too!!
Good luck

laurie
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 09:39 AM UTC
Ypu could just have it sitting there, in real deep snow, with a tarp over the engine. Maybe add a little snow drifts, or something to that effect.

~Chip
5thMech
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 08:22 AM UTC
Part of the problem is the fairly limited number of good, other-than-flight-crew figures in 1/48th that could be used/modified to the scene you'd like to model. Ground crew cleaning the guns slung under the wings or sweeping snow off the aircraft would be good. You don't want to use too much snow on the aircraft lest it cover your handiwork. Also, good 1/48th vehicles are in rather short supply though the good old Ketten pulling a bomb cart through some light snow might be a possibility with the aircraft itself set in a revetment. Lots of 1/48th footprints in the snow around the aircraft would give it a good, busy look.

Good luck with your project!
laurie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:46 AM UTC
[quote]Part of the problem is the fairly limited number of good, other-than-flight-crew figures in 1/48th that could be used/modified to the scene you'd like to model.

Hi 5thMech, your're right, there arn't alot figs in scale 1/48 but Duckfan, you can try to look in little stores where they sell modeling stuff, usually they have alot unknown marks and figs you have never seen before so try?

Laurie
5thMech
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 08:22 AM UTC
Hi, Laurie. Who is the source of your concluding quote? I'm assuming it has something to do with the 101st. You have to cite your sources! Remember the trouble Stephen Ambrose got into when he was accused of scooping others' sources without giving them proper credit ?

Seriously, I'd be interested to know where your quote comes from.

Thanks and regards.
laurie
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 01:24 AM UTC
Hi 5th mech, The quote above the pic of the 101st airborne screaming eagle? Well, I have seen alot of times the 5th part of Band of Brothers (I'm a fan) so I saw the words at the and of the episode. I didn't first know what to say in the signature part at my acount, so when I saw those words I thought it would be nice to put them as my signature. I hope this is an answer on your question because my english is not so good, for enything else you can send a PM,

Laurie
 _GOTOTOP