_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
bm12/type63 107mm rocket launcher
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 08:44 AM UTC
Hi
Ive given up waiting for the trumpeter kit so thinking of making my own but dont have any plans or at least some basic measurements.
Got plenty of photos but need to know the length of the barrels, the length and width of the box like structure that holds the barrels ,if that makes sense, i can then work out the rest.
If anyone knows where to get these or of a museum in the UK with one i can measure i'd appreciate it.
Heres a photo

Heres one of the trumpeter version

Would love a couple of these, maybe someone knows if will get released anytime soon.
Peter
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 03:39 PM UTC
The Trumpeter truck with the Type 63/BM-12 rocket launcher will be out at the end of October, or so I've heard. Seems like a long time to wait, doesn't it? I want two of them, so I can take one Type 63 and build a Free Libyan army technical.
I know the Libyans have got a lot on their plate tonight, but I really hope someone makes sure those rebel technicals don't end up in a junkyard - they're an important part of history, and they belong in a museum. The technicals of the Libyan civil war are some of the most interesting I've ever seen.
 _GOTOTOP