_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Trucks N Tracks Is Cancelled
Kulik
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 02:53 AM UTC
http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=45633#883699
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 686 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 03:36 AM UTC

Shame really, it's been a show that the Lovely Wife and I have attended since 2002, will have to find a n alternative in Feb/march, maybe a visit to this years Milton Keynes show will be on the cards

Jason
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 04:35 AM UTC
This must be very fresh news, as it isn't on the official T&T website yet - can anyone confirm it?

Tom
Kulik
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 05:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This must be very fresh news, as it isn't on the official T&T website yet - can anyone confirm it?

Tom

Tom...Did you click the link. If not this is what is stated right at the top!!!!!!!

It is with great regret that MyHobby Store announce that the show, provisionally titled Trucks’n’ Tracks and Planes’n’ Ships, that was due to take place over the weekend of 26th-27th February 2011 has been cancelled.
Having taking over the Trucks ’n’ Tracks show comparatively late in the year and, at that time, being completely engrossed in the forthcoming 25th Anniversary of Euromilitaire, we were unable to concentrate as much as we would have wished on what was, and still is, a complete re-launch of the other event. As time passed, we realised that we had really little chance of putting on a show in such a short time if we were to do so to the incredibly high standard set by Euromilitaire. As many of you may be aware, we set out to completely revamp the competitions associated with the show while, at the same time, expand them to include many other classes, i.e. aircraft, ships, etc.
Simultaneously, we have contacted a large number of foreign clubs to invite them to both display and enter the competitions and, to do justice to them, we wanted the new competition rules to be as fair and correct as possible. To this end, the nominated Chief Judge and compiler of the new rules, Geoff Illsley, has been in contact with many internationally renowned modellers to invite them to be a judge at the new show. These contacts are still ongoing and, to date, have been most encouraging, but Geoff still needs time to complete his judging team. Also, a welcome number of clubs, both national and international, have already expressed interest in participating at the show.
However, we all felt we needed more time and with just 3 months to go before the show, we had to make a decision on whether to carry on and hope for the best or cancel the show for this year and concentrate on putting together a show to take place in February 2012 that would maintain the high standards associated with MyHobbyStore’s other events. So, we now have that time and we at MyHobbyStore will keep you informed of progress as we approach the launch of the, as yet un-titled, all-new show that, with the plans we have, will, I assure you, be very exciting
Kind Regards

Clare Hiscock
Head of events
[email protected]

barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 05:59 AM UTC
Chris,

Hi - yes, I did see the MilMod discussion, but I was just pointing out that it hadn't hit the actual T&T website yet. I'd have thought they'd start the announcements there rather than dribbling them out through the rumour mill, so I tend to keep an open mind in these cases.

Tom
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 06:05 AM UTC
oh welll i miss scalemodelworld due to work so book hols for trucks and tracks. so thats two shows ive missed. off to milton keynes then
dave
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 06:08 AM UTC

Dave,

Might see you at Milton Keynes then mate....

Jason
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 - 07:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,

Might see you at Milton Keynes then mate....

Jason

ok sounds good to me
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 02:39 AM UTC
Well Chris,

If this is the case, it will be a great blow to many of the military vehicle modelling fraternity.
H will miss her planned day out with some of the MAFVA WAGSs and many of us will be trying to save deposits to hotels, etc.

However, the regular supporters will miss out on another venue for us all to meet up and most likely scratch out the date for the future.

After the MAFVA Nationals it is the second main event to renew your subscriptions. So, please do not miss out on your Tankette magazines and MAFVA membership. We have another issue (Vol 45/5) coming out this week. Please send your resubs to me and my address and other contact details are on the MAFVA website and in the Tankette. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best for the coming season

Gary Williams
MAFVA President

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 03:20 AM UTC

Hi All,

I for one think it's a great shame that there will be no T & T next year, it's normally the first show we attend and kicks it all off quite nicely. What worries me is that it could signal the end of T & T, and how many of the usual attendees will find another show and it will become a part of history. When I heard last year that the format was going to change I had a feeling that soething like this would happen sad really. Plus I started my membership of MAFVA just after this years T & T, I'll need to mark it in my diary so I don't forget to renew.

Jason
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 11:32 AM UTC
Does anyone know if the folks from MyHobbyStore spend any time here on Armorama? If so, I'd like to ask them what the deal is with the official TrucksnTracks website - it went from "all systems go" to "website taken down" without any attempt to post a formal statement on it for everyone to know what was happening to the show!

Can I ask what formal response MAFVA HQ has given to MHS, considering that we had a significant display presence at TnT?

Tom
Chairman, Essex Branch
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 08:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know if the folks from MyHobbyStore spend any time here on Armorama?

Given they have their own website and forum, maybe you should simply ask the question there? There's even a contact email in the thread on MM
scalelinkbob
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hi Tom, Following on to the MHS announcement, a group of modellers/manufacturers is trying to arrange a replacement at the same venue - watch this space. Scale Link Bob
scalelinkbob
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 02:59 AM UTC
Hi Jason, All is not lost - A replacement is being negotiated - see my other post-
Scalelinkbob
MikeMcLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 02:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.....Following on to the MHS announcement, a group of modellers/manufacturers is trying to arrange a replacement at the same venue - watch this space. Scale Link Bob ......

Hi Bob,

That is good news
I'll be there

Regards
Mike
 _GOTOTOP