Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
P-40/1S12 Soc-Long Track Scrach Built
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 06:42 AM UTC
Icredibly outstanding Juhász

Thanks a lot for sharing showing all those big pics

Congrats, i can wait to seeying finished

juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 07:08 AM UTC
Thank you, for all!

This is a German-Hungarian company, led by a married couple, a German husband, wife and woman working in Hungary.
If you would like to work with them, I have some advice:
Corel Draw 9 format and must be negative in the drawings are drawn up mirroring.
Listen to the line thicknesses, it should be a bit afraid to leave (because the etching is not it also takes away from it).
Here is their website:
http://www.viessmann.gportal.hu/
iangarnett
KitMaker: 115 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi Juhasz,

You should use your skills and arrange a etched set for the P15 radar - this would make then for an easy ZIL157 conversion!!

Just a thought

Your work is fantastic. I built the Panzershop kit which is great - I can't imagine scratchbuilding one!!

Best regards

Ian
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 08:56 AM UTC
That's some crazy scratch-building. Thanks for posting the photos.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 01:39 PM UTC
I agree with Ian. You should turn this into a conversion, the PE is already done. Maybe a cooperation with Pawel?
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 06:10 PM UTC
Little steps.

juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 10:11 PM UTC
Water drainage channels and "ice nails," their keeper made.

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 12:24 AM UTC
Simply fantastic work, Juhász. Most impressive!

Looking forward to see more
andymon
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:02 PM UTC
Hi,

this is very impressiv.
But i think, your chain is not correct. You use the T-72 or? I have used the T-54/55/62 tracks for my AT-T. And very important, don't forget to remove from every 6 chain link the tooth.

Andreas
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:11 AM UTC
You're right!
Replace the whole thing down and shape to pass?
Ridiculous to think it was a Panzershop has, again, a giant mistake!
However, my advice to you, the caster wheel axle through my caps formed and recruited using five screw (I think the T-34 used one), this is the wrong Panzershop.
Remain so, because the drive Sprockets is the T-72 version has been formed, but thanks for the tip of the teeth, I noticed too!
Very thank you!!!!

juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:23 AM UTC
The runing wheels, upper T-54-55, downer P-40.

Trumpeter T-62 runing wheel modifyed:

MilSpec
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 02:40 PM UTC
I admire your energy and workmanship. I was happy to see the corrected lightening holes in the wheels. I have noticed three wheel types on these machines, the t-55 like wheels with small ribs as shown in your posted image, t-55 like wheels without the little ribs, and curiously, spider web type wheels (SVSM walkaround and Toadman's walkaround of the p-40 in the Littlefield collection). All have 5 bolt bearing caps as you have done.

A big problem with the panzershop model is the antenna system. The real reflecting dish has parabolic curvature in both the vertical and horizontal planes, not just vertical as done in the kit. Also, the reflector has a flat ribbed face and screening (as provided in the photoetch) attached to a tubular framing stucture around the perimeter (behind and standing off of the facing) and supporting tubular truss work .

Also, the boom structure that supports the waveguides and horns is tubular (as you have admirably done) and can be separated between the horizontal and vertical sections. The left face of the vertical section is bolted on and can be removed (if the joining bolts between the vertical and horizontal sections is removed on that side). This structure is only marginally detailed in the photoetch, and none of the internal supports are provided for. The waveguides should be chunkier than the model's, and should be placed lower in the boom. The two electronic boxes just in front of the horns are actually bolted to webs in the upper tubes and do not rest on the waveguides. These features are visible in your "little steps" posting picture of the original vehicle. Note that the boom frames are literally filled with hardware, unlike the spacious interior in the kit.

There is much more that can be changed or added to the antenna system, but I may be going on too long here. I'm currently laying out more detailed and correct structure, but I don't know when I will actually start construction. Correcting the curvature of the reflector would be difficult at best with photoetch. It would be easier to make the tubular structures and flat facing as individual structural components and then apply a suitable mesh. No small amount of work.

I am not criticizing your effort, it is indeed praiseworthy. I'm just commenting on the shortcomings of the original kit compared to the actual system. The framing of the reflector and boom in the kit photoetch seem to be generally accurate, and you have already done the boom as tubing. Your vehicle is nicely done and should make an impressive model.

I never noticed the track links without guide horns! Do you know what purpose this serves? Without this forum, I probably never would have noticed.

Keep up the fine work,
Jim
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:20 PM UTC
Absolutely right, sir.
Unfortunately, copper is very brittle and fragile due to the fine mesh (I'm ugly enought as it is said, when I discovered) are impossible by hand only one sheet is converted into vertical and horizontal directions so as not to alter, damage to the delicate latticework design.
Better would be just the framework of preparation and spherical shape formed some sort of fine material (women's stockings) stretched out and secured.
Runing Wheels: I have a feeling that a lot of stock left in the T-34 type of parts, and are used by the manufacturer.
As I see differences, I noticed the construction work (photos of the original Hungarian vehicle) trying to improve, refine, but there is an error, which has marred the improvement of physics.

Thank you comments!

With great respect: Gabor Juhasz.

Hungary.
MilSpec
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:23 PM UTC
Fully agree. If stretching the photoetch to the degree required is even possible, its completely impractical. The small traces would certainly not survive. Even with annealing and very gradual bending (hammering) cycles, I expect its a quick path to scrap metal. (Watch, someone will probably do this successfully and prove both of us wrong.)

By the way, do you (or anyone) know why some track links have no guide horns on this vehicle, or other AT-T derived vehicles? Just curious.

Keep at it,
Jim
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:55 PM UTC
This year, December 31 secret until the Rules of this vehicle is only available in the future, complete documentation.
Therefore, I am forced to work based on pictures.
Bringing out everything, and disposal of existing things.
Although my father was anti-aircraft artillery senior officer (now retired colonel), the most he has helped in many ways, both councils and the application (what and why) area.
My interest systems from her arm as well.
Vehicles and some techniques I was lucky to know you body close by, and you get to know people.
But the knowledge of the research it is inevitable that a realistic model is produced.

andymon
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 04:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

By the way, do you (or anyone) know why some track links have no guide horns on this vehicle, or other AT-T derived vehicles? Just curious.

Keep at it,
Jim

This track links are for the 'ice nails'.

Andreas
MilSpec
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:19 PM UTC
Andreas, thank you. Ice Nails. Curiosity satisfied.
thanks,
Jim
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 01:42 AM UTC
The Big Locator Antenna assembly.

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7hjVN7cosZ2hPyqLtjDWHJ7_b0E1ikMQqDdFYFQ59Gr9LmGQTUrvLi0IqI0Rl9eWeJc1dNKasHYs0LnJ1ejPOg/K%C3%A9p%20488.jpg?psid=1

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 02:03 AM UTC
Impressive!!
Hunter6
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 02:36 AM UTC
WOW!!! Your build is beyond belief! This is nothing short of........godlike!! (Please note lower case 'g') A very impressive job. And also - thanks to you - Trumpeter will now probably release one next month,

Cordially,

Dennis
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 11:41 PM UTC
It looks like the chassis, will be completely finished soon.

Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Armorama: 786 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 12:00 AM UTC
Impressive Job again, can't wait to see next subject
Jim
roycharnock
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 12:36 AM UTC
Gabor
Its come together really well...the radar looks great,have you decided on what colour your going to paint it....green? or camo? ...
I feel its a shame to cover all the white styrene with paint. It hides all the hard work and scull scratching that you put into the build.....
As usual great work gabor ,,nice one!
Roy
juge75
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 02:30 AM UTC
Thank you, but the work is not over yet.
Roy: I am building a primarily anti-air vehicles, and if it was / is it, then Hungarian markings.
Green color, like any standard vehicle of the Warsaw Pact, Keszthely 7th One anti-aircraft missile regiment "1S12 Soc" I will build my vehicle out of it, the same outfit in the "SPU 2P24 2K11 Krug (Sa-4 Ganef) " and "1S32 Snr (Pat Hand) vehicles.
Our class had two of these, 3-3 battery (Century), 2 1S12, 6pcs SPU 18db Snr (+2 spare).
SteveReid
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 02:18 PM UTC
Gabor-
I just caught up on this.

What an outstanding piece of work! I am at a loss for words-

Your talent is enormous!

Steve Reid
www.celticwerks.net