Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma - 1/48 Italeri
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi all

I am not sure if it is correct to make a blog here as the model is nearly done now. I started it past saturday. So you see military modeling is for me rather some enjoyment than nitpicking work (like aircraft for myself). Still I put the 4 front wheels at an angle, which worked quite well as the pushrods separate parts. I drilled out the MG and exhausts and put a rough surface on the mantle

Ita_Puma_01.jpg

Ita_Puma_02.jpg

Ita_Puma_03.jpg

I did not find the tools that bad so I used them ... plus some stuff from the Tamiya Jerry Can set...

Ita_Puma_04.jpg

Ita_Puma_05.jpg

I used Gunze paint from the german verhicle set. Detail painting with all kind of acrylic paint. I checked the pic of what I think is the original in Waffenarsenal No.5 and I have to move the fire extinguisher and add an ammo box there. The model still needs a flat coat and some dust...

Ita_Puma_06.jpg

The figure is a reworked Modelkasten crewman. and I am bad at figure painting...

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 11:06 PM UTC
Hi all

so here is a WA of my model. The straps on the jerry cans are lead foil and the buckles cut from the kit parts. I moved the rhs Feuerlöscher and put on a tarp from Verlinden as I had no fitting ammo box. I also added one on the spare tire - which I puttied and sanded pretty smooth to simulate a very old tyre (no pigments yet as I usually overdo this, so you do not need to comment on my failure with them):

I have a vignette in mind using one of H&G's figures (right) ... Title: "Na, wie läufts?"

all the best

Steffen
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 12:06 AM UTC
Looks preTty good Stefan,for an A/C guy anyway Seriously the camo is right on, and the weathering is just enough.Figures are good also.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 12:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

. and I am bad at figure painting...

Well...not at all

Very nice build indeed

cheers
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 12:41 AM UTC
Ah an Italian connection (more or less)

Mille Grazie!

BTW the two figures from the H&G set were not painted by myself but just a sample from their site! so only the man in the Puma is mine .... when I get my tanker half way like that I am very, very happy!

all the best

Steffen
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 03:29 AM UTC
Great job with the gear and painting everything - looks nice. I've never seen those figures before - What's their website???. Look forward to the finished scene now.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 05:19 AM UTC
But how did you find the model itself? Since it is a newly tooled model, is it accurate, or just a simplified down-scaled version of their very old 1/35 kit of the same? Italeri's 1/35 Puma was full of inaccuracies, omissions, and simplifications compared to Dragon's newer release.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 06:09 AM UTC
Thanks Greg and Biggles

Greg: Hecker & Goros Website is: http://www.hecker-goros.de/ ... pictures of all figure sets are e.g. at http://www.zinnfigur.com not much regarding WW2 though. But e.g. I plan to get some Roman and Germans and maybe Vikings too

@Biggles: sorry I cannont comment on accuracy (I would never have finished it so fast) , but if the Opel Blitz is an indicator I assume they have taken everything from the 35 scale model...

all the best

Steffen

alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 11:52 PM UTC
Hi all

Here is some progress on the little vignette I had in mind. Over the past week I managed to give it some form. The standing soldier still needs to be painted, but else I am quite happy with my little dio:

Ita_Puma_dio_01.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_02.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_03.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_04.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_05.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_06.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_07.jpg

Ita_Puma_dio_08.jpg

comments welcome! I will add some plastic flowers in the grass just go give the whole thing some colour spots but except of the soldier it is pretty much done.

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP