Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Marder 1A5 in 1/35 is out
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2010 - 04:03 PM UTC
I just got Revells latest kit the Marder 1A5 in 1/35 scale. This kit represents the latest version of the heavy IFV with additional mine protection, stowage boxes and new track guards.

The kit comes into the typical side-opening Revell box that contains four sprues, the hull tub and the rubber tracks. As always Revell has packed all sprues in one plastic bag. Quality of the kit is equal to that of the A3 with quite a bit of detailing and no visible flash.

From first looks the kit is based on the older 1A3 kit with some changed/expanded sprues containing the new parts in addition to the A3 parts. So with a new track (either from an old Tamiya kit or from AFV-Club) this kit should also build an A3 just fine. And since the kit is based on the A3 the Perfect scale add-ons (Open hatches) should also fit

More when I get to build it
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2010 - 09:15 PM UTC
Hi mmeier,

yes, aside from the new lower hull it could definitly be build as an A3, too. I personally work on a small update kit to correct some flaws on the kits turret. It will be released next year from Djiti`s Production. Also Revell plan to release a PE set for their kit and from an undisclosed source is a new, corrected turret announced. So everyone interested in a Marder 1 A5 should wait a while `til the aftermarket kick in.

Cheers
Hans-Hermann Bühling
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 06:21 AM UTC
A PE set from Revell? Well, that would be a first from the company. But interesting since the PE-set for the Marder 1A2 from Eduard is only partially useful at best.

This in turn raises a question: Does the fact that

a) Revell will release an Ozelot (AA variant of the Wiesel) soon
b) There is a Wiesel-TOW in the background of the cover picture

hint at the next modern model to come from Revell (Like the did with KaJaPa and Jaguar in 2008/2009)?
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 06:58 AM UTC
Why not a PE set? They released set for their 1/32 scale Eurofighter Typhoon and for several ships. Since the sets are made by Eduard maybe we`ll see the Marder 1A5 set from Eduard , too. As for the release of the LeFlaSys Ozelot, I think it will be early 2011, so that they can present it on the Nuremberg Toy Fair. It`s hard to speculate about which will be the next releases, I only heard that a team of modellers visited KMW factory, takings pictures and measure-ments of the GTK Boxer. I personally think that the Boxer might be released in 2012. But thats pure guesswork.

Greetz
Hans-Hermann
hliu24
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 798 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 12:20 PM UTC
Can't wait to see you build it, I am a big fan of Marder
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 09:51 PM UTC
Okay, never cared for ships/flyers so I didn't realize Revell already had PE. With Eduard as the manufacturer we can expect a useabel set since they already do the sets for the Tamiya Marder.

As for the Otzelot: Revell Webpage says "December 2010" and Revell generally hits the mark. My guess is it will come in before Christmas

A Boxer in 1:35 would be nice. And if they are at it, maybe they can scale up their Fennek too.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 02:44 AM UTC
According to the Revell USA site (in the dealer section) both the Marder 1A5 and the Ozelot are scheduled for a mid Jan released in North America.
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 05:00 AM UTC
Interesting. Different release schedule here in Germany. German web-page for them is November (Marder) and December (Otzelot). They made the November date for the Marder
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

According to the Revell USA site (in the dealer section) both the Marder 1A5 and the Ozelot are scheduled for a mid Jan released in North America.

I'll bet the Ozelot will be a reworking of the AFV Club kit. Rev AG has been known to do this.
mmeier
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 08:41 AM UTC
The Otzelot is build on the Wiesel-2 chassis that is longer than the Wiesel-1 that is IIRC portrait by the AFV-Club kit
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 09:29 AM UTC
Hi Kevin,

the LeFlaSys OZELOT is defintly NO rework of the AFV Club Wiesel 1. I saw sprue shot of it showing a complete new kit. The OZELOT is based on the Wiesel 2 chassis, with 4 roadwheels per side instead of 3 on the Wiesel 1.
Waht I saw from the sprues Revell did a fairly good design job. Lets hope they will release next year the AFF Wiesel(AFF- Aufklärungs und Feuerleitfahrzeug-
An airspace surveillenace radar for detecting enemy aircraft). The OZELOT can engage enemy aircraft only via LOS. So far a 4 roadwheel Wiesel would provide a good base for MEDEVAC Wiesel or a C² Wiesel. AM industry, do you hear this?

Hans-Hermann
 _GOTOTOP