Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiny Italeri JS-2 and ISU-152
TanKdy
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 - 06:30 PM UTC
Greetings all, never thought there is a Group dedicated to Braille scale so here are two of my tanks:
ISU-152

JS-2

All critiques, comments and questions welcome
Cheers
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 - 08:25 PM UTC
Greetings Li and welcome to Armorama Forums.
Nice tanks I like the weathering and shading.

Please post more of your work.

P.A.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 07:13 AM UTC
Greetings and welcome to our small scale community. Your builds look quite well done and are interesting subjects. could you let us know what manufacturer made these kits and any issues or observations about how they went together.

Cheers,
tread_geek
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 04:26 PM UTC
If I remember correctly, the ISU-152 kit includes a wargaming model and a real model in it. Which one did you build?

Also wanted to say your painting skills work well in this scale and do a good job bringing out the detail on these kits.
TanKdy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:29 PM UTC
Hi Alexander,
Thanks for your encouraging comments, I will try to post more now that I have improved my photo shoot lighting.
Cheers
TanKdy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:52 PM UTC
Hi Jan,
There are 3 kits manufactured by Italeri; they are JS-2, ISU-152 and ISU-122.
I bought them with an additional war gaming version included in each kit.

The only nitpick with the proper kit were the suspension arms were intergrally moulded into the hull thus giving a blocky look - since this feature was not prominent when sitting on its tracks, I built it mostly straight OOB.

Overall the kits were nice to put together without much fuss and there was sufficient detail supplied to shading and weathering effect into place.

The only modifications were replacing the kit hand rails with copper wire.
The tracks were nicely moulded however the all the lengths were straight so the lengthened parts not in contact with the ground surface were given a bending exercise in the attempt to replicate sag.

I am no expert on the accuracy of these kits - I shall leave that for others to debate

Cheers
TanKdy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:56 PM UTC
Thanks Jeremy,
I built the proper kit but kept the war gaming ones for kids interested in gluing plastic together.
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi TanKdy

you have come to the right place if you like Braille Scale modelling

Very nice work on both those models. I like the variations of shading on both, particularly on the IS-152

I hope to see more of your work here.

If you are starting any more Braille Scale kits anytime soon, there is a Braille Battlfield Campaign group build that runs till May 2011, that I'm sure you'd be welcome to join.

cheers
Neil
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 11:37 AM UTC
Very nice work. I do like the track sag you have added into the straight top run of the tracks. Paintwork is excellent as well.
chrisgrove
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 09:53 AM UTC
Hi Li

Nice looking models. You should try looking at the Braille Scale Forum on Missing Lynx as well! You will also find several Braille Scale sites mentioned there.

Chris
TanKdy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 08:00 PM UTC
Thanks Neil, Michael and Chris,
I'll reply to each of your messages chronologically;

The effects of the shading have been progressive via a few models namely the Dragon T-34 range which I will show here at a later date. (need better photos)
Although the Braille Battlefield Campaign is awfully tempting, I am trying to clear the half-finished hangar of kits namely some Airfix Braille scale Spitfires and a solitary Focke-Wulf.
Do not despair however as I have within reach more Dragon kits and oddly enough they are all German starting with the Tiger 1 Initial Production with two turret cheek bins, a Panzer IV F2(G), a Jagdpanzer IV L/48 early production and a Tiger II with fallschirmjager (Ardennes edition).

The track sag fortunately was not difficult to achieve, a pair of round nose pliers and a pair of mathematical dividers did the trick.

I tried to join Missing Lynx but it appears that the site no longer admits new contributors despite registering.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP