_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
SP Designs PPRU-1M SBORKA/Dog ear..comp.
roycharnock
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:13 AM UTC
This vehicle i finished earlyer this year its the Russian PPRU-1M SBORKA Mobile recon and command post,Nato code name DOG EAR.
Based on MT-LBu tracked AFV it is equiped with a radar for the control of tactical air defence systems armed with missiles and artillary such as the Tunguska sa-19,ZSU-23 shilka, strella sa-13.the Sborka is capable of carrying out target designation whilst moving or stationary.
The kit is a 1:35 scale resin kit from SP Designs .It did build up quite well, with a bit of coaxing. i needed to add to the kit and chop and change a few items as you do with most resin kits.The tracks are the resin ones supplied with the kit.
i painted the model with humbrol enamels and added the camo freehand using an airbrush . i have pinwashed it and then drybrushed it..
(there is a build blog over on www.modelarmour.com for anyone interested )
i hope you like the pics as much as i enjoyed building the kit.
thanks Roy

SMT-1975
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 03:55 PM UTC
That looks really nice. That may be my next SP purchase. How were the tracks, especially around the drive wheels?
roycharnock
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 02:02 AM UTC
david
the tracks were pretty good and they fitted the drive wheel fine ,i just dropped a strip of track into a cup of very hot water for 30 seconds lifted it out and bent it around the drive wheel untill they had cooled down....the new kits come with different tracks now,i think there miniart ones not sure .....happy days...
roy
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hey Roy!

This one looks amazing! I for one really like the "subtle" weathering, really a change from most models seen nowadays.
very well done.

All the best,

Andreas
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:26 AM UTC
SP Designs kits come with their own tracks but you have the option of buying the Master Club tracks with them if you want.

Roy, beautiful work...I have so many builds to finish it is not funny, and you actually get some done!
rjc_rbnj
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 02:29 PM UTC
Awesome build!!!!! Just wish my skills were on par with this level of modeling.
Rob
 _GOTOTOP