_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
REVIEW
Let's Build a Diorama # 2
PolishBrigade12
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 366 posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 06:33 PM UTC
Yes, Laszlo please tell Laszlo that #3 is a must and tell the publisher you guys insist on at least 100 pages or better. There's just too much information Laszlo has to pass on that we all would love to inherit!

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. Note: For those who might be concerned about shipping and arrival, let it be known that Laszlo was with me all along on my delayed arrival and was ready to send another book when mine arrived. Now that's what I call service!
Aussie64
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 02:30 PM UTC
This is a great book and a terrific addition to the first. For those worrying about shipment mine seemed to take a seriously long time bit this was not Laszlo's fault. I think the terrible weather in Europe was to blame.

Anyway, a great book....

Tony
jagd654
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 296 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 07:51 PM UTC
The fact that Laszlo sent every book ordered via registered international airmail shows his commitment and service to his customers , so, yeah, I'm really to pre-order Volume 3 in the series if and when it comes out ! Kudos to Laszlo and HarVar-d Design Studio Ltd. for producing this great and essential series of books. Cheers !
Kenneth .
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 08:41 PM UTC
Received mine with only 2 days shipping.

If you are on a budget and only want to buy the most essential materials, this would be the books for your toolbox - practical, easy to follow and using materials that are friendly to your wallet - just my kind of style.

Just be aware that these volumes doesn't deal with layout and composition - which from my point of view is ok.

Highly recommended/Jan
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 03:23 PM UTC
Got my book today. Easily one of the best books for diorama building. Thank you

mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 452 posts
Armorama: 271 posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 02:57 PM UTC
My copies of volume 1 & 2 were waiting the mailbox when i got home today! Just under a month, which isn't bad at all. They are excellent resources and a wise investment!
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 10:40 AM UTC
Received both volumes yesterday, just under a month from ordering, which I consider quick, being that I'm in the middle of the Pacific. (quicker than when I order from Squadron.) The books are beautiful and nicely done. I've already read most of volume one and I look forward to trying some of the techniques.

Happy Modelling, -zon
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 07:25 PM UTC
I have to inform everybody that the author of the first two volumes of "Let's build a diorama", László Adóba informed me that he would like to publish the third volume on his own and after a long discussion we agreed to part peacefully.

As far as I know most of the content is finished but as this decision was made only a few days ago I can't tell any further details on the publishing date and whether or not there will be an English edition in the near future. Not the happiest news to me, but I wish him all the success with his coming works.

In the meantime we are working on two other titles, as soon as there will be materials to update, I will post it.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 11:06 PM UTC
Are these books available at any online stores (Other than the publisher's) that take straight credit card transactions (Not through PayPal)?

Hisham
jashby
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:52 AM UTC
Hisham,

Just ordered my copies through this lot in the UK.

I went the Paypal option but they also do the CC thing.

http://www.ianallanpublishing.com/let-s-build-diorama-1-urban-scenes.html

Cheers, John
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 - 01:12 AM UTC
Thanks a lot, John... I'll go ahead and order it from them.

Hisham
communityguy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 03:21 AM UTC
I'd be interested to hear about other great diorama books. I've ordered these two columu
communityguy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 03:23 AM UTC
I'd be interested to hear about other great diorama books. I've ordered these two volumes, but the author references a "crowded marketplace"... Suggestions?
 _GOTOTOP