casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:43 AM UTC
Just saw this offer on Sprue Brothers:
1/4 ton truck

I got very attempted about it and almost ordered one but I need opinions from those, who might have bought it earlier.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:10 AM UTC
Here are some in-box reviews of Hasegawa's 1/24 jeep that may help you to make up your mind

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/has/kit_has_20221.shtml http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/hasegawa/hsgmv1.htm

HTH

Frenchy
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Kimmo,

I've put together several of these models and I have to say that the review Frenchy pointed out is very accurate. Two of the kit's most glaring defects is the incorrect tire tread pattern and it's lack of detailing options. Having said that, I still find that it is a fun build and produces a great model.

Thanks for pointing out the sale at Sprue Brothers, that is one incredible price for a 1/24 kit! With that price, I can afford to send a few more to soldiers overseas.

thanks!
Jim
Large Scale Armory
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC
You´r welcome, James. I´m still hesitating with my order..
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 10:53 AM UTC

I ended up ordering four of these kits once I discovered how low the price was. The plan is to send several of these kits along with several different types of my weapons and conversion kits for this model to US soldiers serving overseas. That way they get not only the base kit but some really nice resin accessories as well. And to make them even more special they'll get them slightly in advance of anyone else. At that price I couldn't miss sending out more than I'd originally planned.

Thanks again on pointing out the sale, it'd been horribly expensive to do this if I'd had to pay full retail $$$$$.

Jim
Large Scale Armory
 _GOTOTOP