_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
T-26 by Dragon (DML)?
tylusfaust
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 05:36 AM UTC
Can anyone confirm whether Dragon/DML makes or is planning on releasing a Soviet T-26 any time soon? Amazon has one supposedly by DML but I can't find any other reference to DML producing this kit or even a review.

If they did, that'd be great since I've been looking for a good T-26 but am avoiding Zveda.

Thanks in advance
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 05:56 AM UTC
Looks like the Zvezda kit which, I think, is imported by Dragon Models USA.

But maybe someone else has more info on this

Hisham
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 10:53 AM UTC
Zvezda's T-26 is actually a good kit... it's the RPM kits you want to avoid.

Oh yes, you may want new tracks and a gun barrel, etc. but big deal.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 08:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can anyone confirm whether Dragon/DML makes or is planning on releasing a Soviet T-26 any time soon? Amazon has one supposedly by DML but I can't find any other reference to DML producing this kit or even a review.

If they did, that'd be great since I've been looking for a good T-26 but am avoiding Zveda.

Thanks in advance

I have seen nothing about a Soviet T-26 light tank from Dragon, though Dragon offers a T26E3 Pershing heavy tank (also reissued from Cyber Hobby in an improved edition). Perhaps the search engine (or Amazon's database) conflated the two?
Zvezda has substantially retooled their T-26, with link and length tracks instead of the crappy vinyl. Upper hull is still marginally narrow, like all Vickers 6-ton based kits currently on the market. NOTE: This refers to the kit that just hit the market. I'm sure there are examples of the older version floating around E-bay. There's a review on PMMS.
tylusfaust
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 10:30 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies. After further research it does indeed seem that the kit being sold is the Zveda kit T-26 somehow being distributed by DML.

The kit actually looks pretty good, as Kevin pointed out.

On a related question-- do you guys think that Tamiya's BT-7 could pass as a BT-5? I'm not really knowledgeable on this vehicle and don't know the differences between the two. At first glance they look the same. I'm interesting in making a Spanish Civil war diorama and wanted to know if I can use the BT-7.

skala72
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 10:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Zvezda's T-26 is actually a good kit... it's the RPM kits you want to avoid.
Oh yes, you may want new tracks and a gun barrel, etc. but big deal.

That's the first time when I hear about T-26 produced by Dragon/DLM. I think it is a rumour.
Model T-26 from Zwezda was revised and reissued, I can recommend it. Talking about models from RPM.. as this company come from my country I would prefer not to comment.

New T-26 from Zvezda
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 10:35 PM UTC
"New" Zvezda T-26 review

Cheers,
/E
skala72
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 03:09 AM UTC

Very nice, in-box "new" model T-26.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the replies. After further research it does indeed seem that the kit being sold is the Zveda kit T-26 somehow being distributed by DML.

The kit actually looks pretty good, as Kevin pointed out.

On a related question-- do you guys think that Tamiya's BT-7 could pass as a BT-5? I'm not really knowledgeable on this vehicle and don't know the differences between the two. At first glance they look the same. I'm interesting in making a Spanish Civil war diorama and wanted to know if I can use the BT-7.

No, the front end and the exhausts of a BT-7 are distinctly different from a BT-5. Tamiya's kit does depict one of the earliest production models of the BT-7, though, retaining the early style track and turret inherited from the BT-5. According to posts in the relevant news groups (and Tamiya's press release), some of these were deployed to Spain, though photos are few.
 _GOTOTOP