_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Dragon T-19, 01/02/11, Complete
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 06:44 AM UTC
Well, I have returned from the North Pole!! During the vacation I decided to push through and complete the build so I could give a final update. To see the rest of the WIP, check the WIP by thread.

A quick set of bullets to recap all the additions and to get you to the finished photos

• Gun shield with color modulation same as the rest of the model
• Panoramic telescope, overall PS Dark Tactical Green with FB knobs and Alclad Aluminum optics
• Quadrant and elbow telescope, overall PS Dark Tactical Green with FB knobs and Alclad Aluminum optics
• M2 .50cal MG, I replaced the kit supplied weapon and mounts with an Academy set which I felt had better detail and mounted better than the kit unit. Painting overall using my parkerized paint mix, ammo box holder, & gun mount PS OD, ammo box PS Dark Tactical Green, .50 cal rounds Alclad Gold and wood handles Vallejo Saddle Brown .
• The pouches and bed rolls are from both Tamiya and Academy detail sets. They were painted with Tamiya Khaki, Straps with Tamiya Dark Yellow and Tamiya FB Buckles. Straps were PS US Tan then all were pin washed with MIG Dark wash and Filtered with MIG Grey for Green
• The camouflage net is gauze soaked in 80/20 Alcohol and Tamiya OD. After drying the net was folded and rolled. The straps are lead strips painted with PS US Tan.
• C rations box is tied in place with ship rigging string which is painted with Tamiya desert Sand.
• Spare .50 cal ammo box from Academy painted with PS Dark Tactical Green
• Ammunition in the racks. Racks are PS OD. HE ammunition is Alclad Gold casings, Tamiya Copper for the rotating band, Tamiya OD for the shell, Alclad Burnt Metal for the fuse and Alclad Gold for the fuse tip. The HC smoke rounds are the same except the shell is Tamiya Light Grey and the marking band is Tamiya Dark Yellow.
• Canteen is Tamiya Khaki with Tamiya FB cap. Canteen cups are Alclad steel. Both were resin from the parts box.
•Both gas tank fill caps show spills using Floquil Bright Oil
• The ammunition fibers are from the AFV Club Ammunition Storage kit. Fibers are painted with Tamiya FB. Open fibers have cardboard internals painted with Tamiya Desert Sand and metal band top using Alclad Steel. Decals are from the kit. Gloss caps and holders using Future.
• Aiming Stake made from .040 styrene rod. Painted with Tamiya Flat White and Flat Red.
• Since the aiming stakes are deployed, I replaced the kit supplied clamed stake set with empty clamps made from lead strips and painted with PS OD.
• Personal weapons from Tamiya weapons set. Wood is painted with Vallejo Saddle Brown and metal parts painted with my parkerized mix.
• Ramming Staffs are painted with PS US Tan then dry brushed with Burnt Sienna oil. Clamps are done in PS OD.
• Shell casings are from AFV 105 Howitzer Ammunition Kit. Insides painted with Tamiya NATO Black for the powder burns
• Overall the model was filtered with MIG Grey for Green. MIG Desert Sand pigment was used to dust the tracks, wheels, under carriage and lower sections of the vehicle.
• The base is Celluclay colored using a sand color cheap acrylic. After application to the base and while still sticky, I salted with fine mesh sand which gives the color variation and hopefully realistic look.

I think that covers everything to get to the finish line. Here are the finished pictures.

As always thanks for stopping by. Your comments good or bad are always appreciated.

Rounds Complete!!

EOM!
Tailor
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 11:07 PM UTC
Excellent, Mike!
Well done! I love the most subtle weathering!

Cheers,
Guido
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 11:26 PM UTC
Guido - Thanks for stopping in and for the comments. It was a fun build

Rounds Complete!!
 _GOTOTOP