Hosted by Darren Baker
Où est le Boche?
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 09:14 AM UTC
First of all, sorry for any grammar or spelling errors in the title ...

Think its about time to do a little landbased diorama again, getting seasick from all those submarines ..

Had a bit of a headstart on some of the actors - let it evolve from here ...

Cheers/Jan
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 10:35 AM UTC
nice idea, but beware,you might get a mail from the admins, your title might be seen as an offence against the Germans.
I had problems with that,but seeing that your a 100 first subscriber, that might be not a big problem after all.

still hope to see this come together

greetz
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 06:07 PM UTC
well, in my opinion "boche" is a term which we have to consider in a "historical perspective".

During the ww2, french maquis called "Boche" the nazists, so I don't think it could be offensive for "modern" german people.

Anyway, it's a good start indeed.

i'm curious to see your next steps
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 06:41 PM UTC
Nice idea !
Concerning the title, it is grammatically correct and you even put a capital B which would have certainly not be the case in the 1940 invaded France .
And I don't see any offense towards our German members as "boche" was commonly used since the WWI and not only during the WWII. We French had a long disturbed common history with our neighbours as you must know
Considering the period of your dio, the Germans are often referred to as the Krauts in the English literature and the French are the well-known Frogs or Froggies.
Olivier
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 06:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And I don't see any offense towards our German members as "boche" was commonly used since the WWI and not only during the WWII.

Two scourges: the Kraut, tuberculosis. The Kraut eagle will be defeated. Tuberculosis must also be.
(2 Fléaux: le Boche, la Tuberculose...)

absolutely true Olivier
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 07:28 PM UTC
We danes don´t really have much of a record for being too PC (political correct) so the title remains - anyway - as allready stated, the frase goes back to first world war, and is a commonly used frase for the german invaders.

Anyway, as you propably have guessed - not that hard really - I am trying to depict the confusion of the opening days of the conflict. Both kits are Tamiya, both are a delight to build with a splendid fit and level og detail. Some minor corrections are needed on the Citroen around the wheels in the rear, where theres a gap between the hul and seat. Otherwise its pretty much out of the box.

Civilians are Preiser - they need a lot of detaling work, undercuts etc. to look good.

Suitcases and load on the UE are partly scratch or in the UE set. Tauplins are tissuepaper.

Scenery will be next, a little cafe perhaps ...
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 07:36 PM UTC
Hi my French friends,

I take no offense in the term Boche, it`s part of history. I only wonder were it comes from. Could it be a French spelling of the Name BOSCH(the famous German Electrical company).

Hans-Hermann
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 07:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi my French friends,

I take no offense in the term Boche, it`s part of history. I only wonder were it comes from. Could it be a French spelling of the Name BOSCH(the famous German Electrical company).

Hans-Hermann

Hans look here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boche

it's a very old therm born in 1860 it means more or less "Big head"

But, anyway, now we are just waiting for the dio
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 09:23 PM UTC
Hi Jan,
It looks like you are off a really good start.
Yes the citroen has a major issue witht the fitting between rear seat and rear wheels. I was very surprised given Tamiya's reputation and excellence.
How are the preiser figures ? May I ask you close up pictures ? I remind they are expensive. Do they worth the money ?
No problem for the title as Olivier said, it's perfect. You could have used other German nicknames given through franco german wars (since 1870) such as Fridolin, Fritz, doriphore (Colorado Beetle), vert de gris, chleu, etc..
please keep on fiding us with images.
Berst,
Julien
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 - 12:06 AM UTC
Nice start, Jan. The ingredients for the diorama seems all lined up and in your usual high quality work.

Looking forward to see more.
 _GOTOTOP