_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Challenger 2 Barracuda
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 309 posts
Armorama: 288 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 03:26 PM UTC
Does anyone know of a retail outlet for the Cromwell Models Challenger 2 Barracuda camo conversion set? Attempts to make contact with Gordon directly have not been successful. Would really like to get this set for the British Armour campaign if I can get my hands on it.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 05:05 AM UTC
Unfortunately, there isn't a retail outlet that carries them. I would love to have that Chally set as well
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 06:51 AM UTC
SFAIK,
e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]
should be ok

Echelon Decals do Decal sheets, reviews here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/6161&mode=&order=0

& here: http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=26471

This link, how to make your own:
http://www.plasticwarfare.se/2007/10/how-to-make-realistic-barracuda-camouflage-netting-in-135/

I'm experimenting with laser cut paper as above, but the AutoCad file has 4000 curves per square inch.... & so far test pieces are too fragile & resemble burnt offerings.

Perfect Scale Models do the Leo 2A6M barracuda for comparison.
small gap between want & afford....
keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 07:09 AM UTC
I cannot emphasize this enough do not buy anything from that company. I’m defiantly not the only one who has paid money to this company and NEVER received anything from them. Try to make a search on this site with Cromwell Models and you will find many threads with disappointed and angry costumers.
Firecap4
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 309 posts
Armorama: 288 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 09:05 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies, guys. Making the Barracuda isn't the whole issue, it's the various added ECM bits as well. I've mentioned before ( aka dropping a hint, LOL ) that seeing what a great job PSM did with the Canadian Leo conversion that I hope Gerold will consider doing the Chally as well.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 10:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the replies, guys. Making the Barracuda isn't the whole issue, it's the various added ECM bits as well. I've mentioned before ( aka dropping a hint, LOL ) that seeing what a great job PSM did with the Canadian Leo conversion that I hope Gerold will consider doing the Chally as well.

I'll second that. I am working on the PSM Leopard now and it is great
jon_a_its
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,336 posts
Armorama: 1,137 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 11:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I cannot emphasize this enough do not buy anything from that company. I’m defiantly not the only one who has paid money to this company and NEVER received anything from them. Try to make a search on this site with Cromwell Models and you will find many threads with disappointed and angry costumers.

It is well known that Gordon has been careless with order fullfillment,
Regretfully, I'd say find a local supplier & order from them...

Hannants, Sprue Bros?
 _GOTOTOP