_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Resicast: A Major Work-in-Progress
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 12:24 AM UTC
We've been given access to some very special images of the In-Progress shots of what will be a future release from Resicast. The New set will be a Commonwealth Artillery Crew in 1/35th scale and the a VERY substantial set of images can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 04:33 AM UTC
Happy Days. A vary useable crew set, excellent.

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 - 11:32 PM UTC
I have been party to many discussions about the lack of British kits/figuers over these last 5 years. What always amazes me is that when somehting that has been asked for over and over again finally comes along it is met with silence

I'm really not sure what causes this, perhaps it's a very British thing, but it does leave me wondering about all those calls for this or that and what on earth the manufactiers think?

The mind boggles.

Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have been party to many discussions about the lack of British kits/figuers over these last 5 years. What always amazes me is that when somehting that has been asked for over and over again finally comes along it is met with silence

I'm really not sure what causes this, perhaps it's a very British thing, but it does leave me wondering about all those calls for this or that and what on earth the manufactiers think?

The mind boggles.

Al

Hi Alan- good point. I think part of the reason may be that these are in resin which will make them expensive and possibly out of reach for many considering the economic climate. I think when people make wish lists they are thinking in plastic.

As for the figures themselves I really like the officer and hope is offered seperately. I also like the loader in the overcoat. There is something about the way the leather jerkins are modelled that doesn't convince me 100%
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 05:31 AM UTC
A couple of good points by both Alan and Pat. Personally, i'd prefer that they were in plastic as well - inevitably, in resin, they ARE going to be an expensive set. As this year we ARE going to see a NEW 25 pounder in plastic (although the prime mover seems as far away as ever) it's going to be really welcome.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 07:22 AM UTC
I suspect Dragon will tweak their 8th Army set and release it as a crew
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 07:59 AM UTC
Hi Pat and Jim,

You could be right on teh cost issue, I suppose it depends if they are available as a set or separately. Howver, I've seen the same apathy when plastic figuers have been released so that is pretty standard for some reason.

Pat, I agree DML will probaly release their figs as a separate set, they would be mad not to .

Is your thinking on the leather jerkins connected to the seems? My Dad aquired one of these at some point and it looked pretty much the same with a seem down the back and a triangle shape on the top left hand shoulder. Made form several skins rather than a whole.

There is good potential with these, I'd like to have see the arms of the 2 loaders spaced from the bodies a bit, would have made good folks digging in , although that potential is still there.

There seeems to be a lot happening artillery wise which is good, just need some towing vehicles now.

What are you're thoughts on a 6pdr? Must be getting close!

Al

allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 942 posts
Armorama: 571 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 03:13 PM UTC
The arm looks a little thin on the layer (2nd from right figure).
But the more Brits the better I say. Resin or no. If they sell maybe some plastic manufactures will try some

Tom
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 03:26 PM UTC
True resin figures aren't cheap , $10 - $15 each , so a six figure set might set you back 75 or 90 bucks depending on your country of purchase .But would you not spend as much on pe,resin add-ons and tracks / wheels ,etc to fine- tune the latest release Tiger or Stryker ? Guess I better start saving my allowance .....
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 12:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The arm looks a little thin on the layer (2nd from right figure).

Tom

It's a work in progress so that arm isn't finished
25PDRFG
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 187 posts
Armorama: 181 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 09:58 AM UTC
A German paper Panzer comes out and its 20 blogs a Brit Cruser or yank Lee and every rivet counter is out in force no wonder the manufactureres think tice or more!
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 05:08 AM UTC
Hi folks,

Due for release this month. Some images from Graham:

Al
 _GOTOTOP