Centauro
griffontech
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hey,
Just wanted to show phot's of my latest build. I have some in work shots, but they are hiding somewhere on my computer at the moment
Forgive the quality of the shots. My photoskills are still in the works.
The model looks shiny in the pic's but it is actually a matt finish. I applied a mix of pastel dust, water, white glue and plaster dust to the wheel wells and tires. I didn't want to have the model completely covered in mud, but wanted it to seem well used as if it has done a road move somewhere.
The model wast given a pastel wash to simulate dust being washed down the hull, followed by a light overspray of buff to simulate fresh dust.
The mounting of two crew MG's may not be completely correct, but they were in the box and I liked the look of having both weapons mounted.

The model was built OOB. The only complaints I had were the bad PE, and the rear/side stowage racks which didn't want to fit right.

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 - 09:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only complaints I had were the bad PE, and the rear/side stowage racks which didn't want to fit right.

I'm currently working on one of these also and know exactly what you mean! At least you managed to get the steps on the side....I just left them off.
Looks great...well done. A nice level of weathering...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 - 10:01 PM UTC
A great build. Excellent work on the weathering. I am a huge detail fan and never realized the centauro is so detail oriented. I may have a go at one of these in the future.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 - 10:05 PM UTC
thanks for the heads up on the pe, I have one build , still have the pe to fix and some minnor changes to make it a Spanish version, like your mud on the inside and sides of the wheels, texture is also really "bad"

greetz
griffontech
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 02:37 AM UTC
Thanks everyone.
After I took the pics I looked on my table and noticed one of the tiny cross beams for the steps had fallen out. I just left it off.
If I build this again I would definately build the steps out of styrene. Even though it would take time it would be better than killing my fingers and eyes trying to work on the PE. The little crossbeams are about 1mm too short to sit inside the step.
Samuca
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 02:49 AM UTC
S!

Quoted Text

The model was built OOB. The only complaints I had were the bad PE, and the rear/side stowage racks which didn't want to fit right.

Indeed. The racks are awful. Poor fit, difficult aliagnment. The instructions are not clear for the PE's placement.
flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 04:08 AM UTC
Your Centauro looks really great.
Clean build an nice colour but i like most the fine weathering.

This beast is also waiting for me ;-)

Cheers
Walter
griffontech
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 09:11 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments.
After looking around on this site I found some 1/35 printable water box downloads that I'll throw into the racks for some visual interest. I have been researching Italian Jerry cans, rucksacks and weapons on the web to add some gear, but haven't come up with much. Anyone know what the Centauro crews would use for personal weapons?
This model started as a "just get it done/practice weathering and painting" project, but after looking at the vehicle I need to add more. I don't want to overload the vehicle, but some personal gear always adds the human dynamic to any model.
I was in the RCAC Reserve (Royal Canadian Armoured Corps) for about 7 years and know what it is like to live in a vehicle for a few days to a couple weeks. I love modeling the little things that crews do to make a vehicle a moving "home".
Thanks for looking.
 _GOTOTOP