1/72 Panzer IV tracks?
marshaltito
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 - 03:10 PM UTC
Hey everyone,

Because my SdKfz 7/1 has been held up due to tracks not fitting, I figured I'd start one of my Hasegawa Jagdpanzer IVs (I started the L/48 and I have the L/70V in the stash). Alas, another track problem! I got excited when I saw that the vinyl tracks were thin and relatively detailed in comparison to those on my Revell 7/1, unfortunately, the tracks are far too long! I considered trying to create some sag between the return rollers, but I think we can all agree that's a bad idea...

So, the question: Are there any good 1/72 aftermarket tracks for the Pz IV series? I know MACO is developing some, but other than that I can only find the CMK rubber tracks on Greatmodels. I saw one reference that had three listed by Schatton, Extratech, and Model Trans, but I don't know where I can get them...

Any help will be much appreciated!

-T
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 04:09 AM UTC
The ExtraTech PE tracks for the Pz IV are rather challenging to use. They assemble like the Eduard ones for the Cromwell or Pz III.

Tracks-n-troops is a good place to buy 1/72 scale items. I order from them often. http://tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/

http://tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_2&products_id=751
SchoeniR6
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 05:10 AM UTC
Hi

I have build my Stug with this MACO Tracks. But the detail is not very high. I donīt think that i use them again. But if you will build a diorama with a little mud on. They will be ok for it!

Cheers
Rob_Haelterman
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 06:56 AM UTC
I have the Maco tracks just before my nose, and the level of detail might be slightly inferior to that of the Revell tracks, they look more than fair in my eyes. Besides, they are the only plastic replacement tracks around.

You get enough track for three vehicles (one with standard tracks, one with Winter and one with Ostkette.)

If you only need one set of tracks, buying a Revell Panzer IV might still be the cheapest option.

I have bought separate sprues directly from Revell in the past, like the sprue with Panzer IV tracks, but you will need to buy around a couple of dozen sprues before they will be doing business with you. I bought around a hundred.
Each sprue cost me 3 Euro, including shipping.

HTH
Rob
 _GOTOTOP