_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Airborne Jeeps
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 08:06 PM UTC
Yesterday, looking through the Resicast site, I found some photos of their conversion sets for the British Airborne jeeps, comm vehicle, RA, etc. However the price of the conversion sets rather put me off. My question is this, anyone got any sources for photo-references for these vehicles as I rather think I will be kit-bashing rather than buying chunks of resin.... I have also heard that some of the resicast products leave a little to be desired re. fit of parts etc. that of course may just be scuttlebutt however....Any comments? Jim
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 12:37 AM UTC
hi put amps new zealand web site in your search engine then go to gallery and then full sized vehicles you will find my photos of airborne jeeps in there cheers ian
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 01:58 AM UTC
The site seems to be down? Anyone have a working URL?

Thanks,

Shaun
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 02:55 AM UTC
shaun put http://ampsnz.hobbyvista.com it was working uk time 1555 cheers ian
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 03:07 AM UTC
The URL you gave me worked, Ian, thank you. The links from the google search do not go anywhere.

Thanks again.

Shaun
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 09:48 AM UTC
i have a photo of a jeep in the pegasus bridge museum in airborne markings, but these may not be the original ones as it looks very new, as soon as i can get my scanner working i will post them for you. from what i can see there is no difference to a standard US jeep, but it may be just painted up in british markings

cheers

joe

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC
If you want to know how good/bad these conversion kits are, ask Ronald Kok. He built a few a while back and should be able to give you a quick review!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:10 PM UTC
Thank you all for your helpful comments. Perhaps I wasn't very clear in the original post. What I was really after was details of the custom-made racks that were fitted to some of the british airborne jeeps for RA,RASC etc. one of the vehicles had a rack on the back and a huge wicker basket strapped onto it, another had a rack which held two of the equipment canisters (i've got loads of detaols of the two principal types). Thanks again all of you...Jim
 _GOTOTOP