_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Black Dog on A Canadian Theme
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 05:52 AM UTC
Black Dog have just informed us of their latest, 1/35th scale releases - with a VERY Canadian theme. The report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 06:01 AM UTC
Nice to see the Barracuda conversion....but it just doesn't look right....the Barracuda pattern appears too large and there isn't the distinct look of the panel overlap.

The figures at first glance are very much needed and the details look very nice.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 07:20 AM UTC
The figures look stunning, and fill a much needed void, I only hope they come out with a few more.

The 2A6M conversion-well Im kinda with Jason on this, the cam doesnt look right, this stuff gets pressed down flat, whereas the kit looks too pronounced. And, is it really necessary for another cuda cam conversion? Would have preferred something a bit more imaginative tbh, like a Chally 2 cuda conversion.
Gundam-Mecha
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,019 posts
Armorama: 933 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 01:03 PM UTC
Im kind of split on the figures. They are nice but the faces are weird...

A bit lurch from the Adams Family. With some Hornet Head swaps these would look stunning.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:24 PM UTC
I like these Canadian figures and detail sets they've been doing. I hope this means that maybe later on they will be moving on to a modern British theme.. and maybe some German, and other modern nationalities to go with the many modern vehicles that have been coming out, and others that are in the works. Could we hope for some Iraqi soldiers?!!

Hisham
Deckdog
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 03:45 AM UTC
You are not the only one who thinks this. I think the heads look squished sideways. As I received two seperate helmets with one of the figures I intend to replace the heads with some bald Hornet heads. The helmets fit on the Hornet heads nicely so I'll just have to do the chin straps.
What would good colours be to use for the uniforms?
 _GOTOTOP