_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Iraqi T-62
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hi guys!

I received a kit of Trumpeter T-62 kit last holidays and i kept looking at it and the kits features.
I was amazed but havent assembled it yet keeping it for a group build in our local modelling club.
I then remembered that I have an old Tamiya T-62 on my shelf. This kit has a BTU-155 dozer blade that was scavenged from a Trumpeter kit (the Finnish T-55).
I decided to experiment and add details on the tamiya kit based on online photos of T-62s here in Armorama and the net.

As you can see, I "amateur-ishly" added putty on the front 'beak' of the Tamiya turret to enclose the beaked part and make it more mushroomy shape.
I also tried to add the fuel plumbing based on online photos. The plumbing is made from chicken wire and rolled tape.
The commanders hatch was also touched and added with handles, levers and periscopes based on my spare box.
Decals are scavenged from the Iraqi decals of the DML Shilka kit.

The sole figure was a Tamiya figure with a puttied gas mask inspired by the crew of David's (SMT-1975) 1/35 KDKhR-1N Dal. cheers man!

Here you go gents.

WIP Photos:

Finished photos:

By gomz24 at 2011-01-30

I plan to depict an Iraqi T-62 here on my kit based on the kits decals.
I am not that sure about the accuracy of the kit but i hope you guys enjoy it

Comments, suggestions are always welcome! Thank you!

Cheers!

iking
Mox1983
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 114 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 - 11:52 AM UTC
Really good job, I like it

Nice job with the figure as well. Such a shame there aren't more figure kits with gasmask/nbc gear. The only one I know is the old Fujimi German "gasmask" set.

Mike
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 05:13 AM UTC
thanks mike!:D thanks for the kind words!:D

cheers!

iking
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 07:35 AM UTC
Hey Iking!

Very nice work on Tamiyas old horse! I really like the addition of the BTU and the gasmask. Makes your model very interesting. The colors look good too and the wood on the back looks real. (I´m sure it is real ) Nice chipping as well!

All the best,

Andreas
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 01:53 PM UTC
Thanks andreas!:) cheers! yup the wood on the back is scavenged from our backyard while i was strolling. Just in time because the kit-supplied log was missing already:D thanks for the appreciation man! Though i think i need to put more weathering on the back underside of the tank, kinda looks too clean:p

Cheers!

iking
SMT-1975
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 03:38 AM UTC
Who says Tamiya's T-62 isn't a usable kit. I really like what you did with the turret.

I'm glad I was able to inspire you to do the chemical suit. The guy looks really menacing. Nice work.

-David
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 03:58 PM UTC
Thanks David!:) yup youre self-made chemical suit is inspiring. Apart from it, i can see similar apearances of mine on the film The Beast of War opening sequences wherein commander Daskal wears a gas mask as they shell an Afghan village.

Thanks a ton man!

Cheers!

Iking
 _GOTOTOP