_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Egyptian T-34
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 138 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 05:30 AM UTC
Does anyone have any info or an idea of where I can look to find out the modifications on the Egyptian T-34s used in Sinai around 1969?
I know they had T55 wheels and the 12.7 Mg on the cupola, but I can't find if any desert filters were fitted. I've also heard that some had rubber skirts to limit dust being thrown up.
Can anyone help?
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 07:54 AM UTC
Aitch,
Pics i have of egyptian T-34/85's show no real modifications,actually they look quite beat up
and as for road wheels the few russian supplied models had the T-34 wheels as the Czech made ones had the T-55 wheels,according to my pics.

Thomas(modelmaniac)
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 138 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 04:03 PM UTC
Thomas, Thanks for the clarification on the wheels used - didn't know about that...
I was expecting some sort of filter - like Pz IVs which had the extra mufflers for desert use.
Any idea of which wheels, plain dished or ribbed and holed?
TIA
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 03:05 AM UTC
I think the old (and recently reissued) Revell T-34 in 1/40th scale was based on a captured Egyptian T-35. I am not a T-34 expert, but I do have this kit and will check the instruction sheet, this is probably where I got my information from.
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 12:51 PM UTC
The wheels look like the holed one's and two look like ribbed,remember the Arabs got supplies and spare parts from Russia,Czech's and a few other Warsaw Pact countries
as long as they worked who cared if they didn't match. Have fun.
Thomas(modelmaniac)
 _GOTOTOP