_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Stuart M3 - Esc <> - 3 er Reg. RTR
Nahuel19431
Visit this Community
Chubut, Argentina
KitMaker: 593 posts
Armorama: 548 posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 - 11:14 AM UTC
And now, Itīs the last model, that I have about North Africa. M3 Stuart. It is a change of a disel kit ( Tamiya 35042) to an oil tank.

This is my job:

By Omar
Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hi Omar - 3RTR is always my favourite model subject and that's nice work you've done there. I especially like the paintwork.

A couple of things if I may though?

The Squadron tac signs (the triangles) should be yellow not blue as 3RTR were the 2nd senior unit in 4th Armoured Brigade:
8H - 40 - Red tac signs
3RTR - 86 - Yellow tac signs
5RTR - 67 - Blue tac signs

Those Tamiya tracks really need to be changed for ones that are assembled correctly. Take a look at where the end connectors are on the links - they should be connecting 2 links together, not sitting on the end of one link. Tamiya stuffed those up on all their M3/M5's I think.
I've bought some AFV Club ones (AF35019) for exactly the same kit that's waiting it's turn in the pile.

But apart from those - great work.
Nahuel1943
Visit this Community
Chubut, Argentina
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 82 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:32 AM UTC
Thanks Dutchy3RTR by your comments.

I really don`t know that The Squadron tac signs (the triangles) should be yellow only. I read that some instructons of tac sings and supposed that each squadron had all colors.
The tracks links, some one of the other forum in spanish, Tell me the some that you. But I had made it

I hope to use this forum by the future. Thanks!!!

Omar
Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:22 PM UTC
I agree that some units used different colours for their different squadrons, but even then they stuck to the red/yellow/blue order for A/B/C sqns. So A Sqn would then have been red. However, 3RTR did have all yellow signs.

Here's an extract from a ME GRO dated Sep '41 ordering the Tac sign colourings for that theatre:

(Courtesy of Shane Lovell on ML.)

As for the tracks - I've made 2 Tamiya M5's and didn't realise about them being wrong myself.
Now I do know I'm going to rip them off and change them.
 _GOTOTOP