_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Masterbox: March 2011 Releases
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 07:13 AM UTC
Masterbox Ltd. have just mailed us with the welcome news that two of the 1/35th scale sets we featured here a while back will be available from March 2011. Details and images of the New sets, can be seeen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

stoney
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 480 posts
Armorama: 399 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 07:36 AM UTC
I don't know, no one seems to pointing...
seriously these look like good kits, MB have some great ideas. Hope the mould quality is good, would be a shame to blunder such interesting poses.
Thanks for the update.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 08:12 AM UTC
WOW.....................some Americans and a bunch of interesting civilians. What no Germans?????????????? I think I'm going to have a heart attack............ ................Al
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 08:59 AM UTC
Masterbox comes up with the most interesting stuff!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 09:11 AM UTC
These are very appealing sets. A number of settings come to mind from urban to rural to pushing through a hedgerow. Maybe even coming up on some unsuspecting Germans milking a cow . . . The cart could easily stand alone and the civilian figures look like they could cover a broad spectrum of time frames. I really like what MasterBox has been coming up with.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 09:40 AM UTC
a really nice set, my only gripe would be the helmets, looking at the box art you've got netting and scrim on the helmets as was the standard practice with airbourne divisions, but the built up shots of the figures shows no evidence of either, if anything they look like Marines helmets with the cover on. but other than that they're a fantastic set, it's rare to see paratroopers in plastic which is a shame, i know dragon has done several sets, but i think most manufacturers missed the ball when band of brothers came out, they should have flooded the market with para sets, just glad that masterbox keeps breaking away from the norm with their unique and unusual figure sets. more like this please
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 10:07 AM UTC
For years there has always been cries for civilian figures, and now we´re getting loads. Its about time too. Nice one Masterbox.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 10:51 AM UTC
Very nice looking set.M.B.really is doing a nice job on their releases.I haven't done a WWII dio in quite some time,but I think I'll do one just for these figures. I just recieved their domestic animals and citizentry sets.The citizens I'm going to convert to Afgani or Iraqi without to much work.
tylusfaust
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 03:03 PM UTC
You have to give Masterbox credit. They come up with great figure concepts and poses. The molding is still a little behind the times but light years ahead of DML in terms of ideas. They are the little company you want to see make good.

These look good. I'd only maybe change the heads and helmets. They look a little off to me. Kudos to MB!
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 04:29 PM UTC
These are very nice! Great poses and instant story to boot! Just can't have too many civilians in any era/war. They were never that far away from the action.Maybe Afrika...
Cheers!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 06:56 PM UTC
I dig the collective feeling of awesomeness about these kits and share in it myself
Dmitri
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 05:47 AM UTC
Our site has received on a warehouse many new sets and we are ready to send within 24 hours to their any client in any point of the world.
We invite all to our site.
http://www.soga-miniatures.com/shop/index.php?categoryID=885&category_slug=master-box
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 07:30 AM UTC
I hate Masterbox. Each time I decide that I won't buy a new kit they come up with something that fits the old Chandler description:

It was a blonde. A blonde to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window

This kits are beautiful and bring up tons of ideas, even more so since I currently browse through the old movies like "A bridge to far", "The longest day" etc. Maybe combine this and the British Paratrooper kit...
 _GOTOTOP