_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Trumpeter's NEXT Sd.Kfz 6 Variant
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 01:29 AM UTC
Trumpeter have just sent us images of one of their Next Releases in 1/35th scale - 05532 - Sdkfz.6 3.7cm Flak 37. CAD Images of the New Model can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 02:50 AM UTC
This is very exciting news. Thanks, Jim. And with an ammo trailer to boot! Take note, Dragon, if you're planning more Sd.Kfz. half-tracks.

I believe BitsKrieg is planning on releasing resin front wheels for the Six. That would be good, since Trumpeter is still using vinyl tires. Grrrr.

Now, the only major German half-track not yet in styrene is the Sd.Kfz.8.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 12:15 PM UTC
What a cool looking vehicle!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 08:34 AM UTC
Brian, I am far from an expert on this vehicle or this gun, but the FlaK 36 and FlaK 37 were quite similar. Without looking at the kit and the gun close-up, it's entirely possible that Trumpeter has mislabled the gun as the 37. Spielberger does list the FlaK 36 as the gun for the 6/2 in Halftracked Vehicles of ther German Army 1909-1945.

It is also possible, as you allude to, that the Wehrmacht simply mixed and matched available guns with platforms. Without knowing whether Trumpeter designed this kit from photos or measured off a surviving vehicle, we can't know definitively what they were thinking.

Perhaps someone with an intimate knowledge of the two 37mm guns can look at the photos and illustrations and determine whether Trumpeter has mounted the late 37 or has mis-labled the gun as the later model? As I said earlier, the differences between the two are mostly in the sight from what I know, so this could very well be a 36 and is just labeled incorrectly.

I do like the inclusion of a trailer and extra barrels. These guns (like the quad 20) tended to burn up barrels that then needed to be swapped-out.

Finally, both the 36 and 37 were stages leading up to the FlaK 43 version.
Petriburg
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 - 03:35 AM UTC
An Sd.Kfz.8 would be really good for the 21cm Morser gun tractor - along with a barrel transporter-trailer...
 _GOTOTOP