Hosted by Darren Baker
Cold war era tank crewmen
drew_youngman
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 06:53 PM UTC
I have been having a blast building all my T-34's and really wanted to find a little life to add to them. I found a great set of Soviet Post war crew in very clean resin.
alas only one complete figure but very nicely sculpted by MIG Jimenez. My first figure is out of box, head swap from suggested, and creates a good pose!

Next up for tanker two, I used the larger torso as a starting point as well as the head with the Ushanka and 'stache.
then using dental electric waxer, and Margin wax that carves, i designed the leaning pose that sets him up to lean on a T-34 fender or something like this.
It was great to have Mig's full figure as a reference point.

Figure three is made from the remaining short upper torso, again using the dental waxes, i carved and sculpted him into a figure on a slight stroll. I was planning to have one tanker with a tool box in hand so this is the one! here is the bulk of the figure complete and ready for resin duplication.
Up next i wanted another tanker with helmet on so i copied the head from Tanker 1.
After the resin copy was made, I added hands, shoes, and final pocket detail and cast the figure into sterling silver..( had some jewelry silver i use to cast random parts for projects.

I am really happy with how he came out... especially now with paint on !

Tanker four is a complete waxup except for the face, which was a hat removed resin copy of the third head from the MIG set and I used wax to give him a shaggy haircut... I started with a paperclip frame, waxed it up full and the cast in non precious metal...
Here they are bulk painted.

Here they are more complete with new paint jobs except for tanker one in the middle which needs repaint!

Ther will be more figures this week , i hope, as i need a few more before Vallycon show on March 13!
Wanze
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 08:21 PM UTC
Nice looking figures. I envy your patience in modifying such figures.
 _GOTOTOP