Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon Henschel production Kingtiger
Jagdfleiger
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 02:08 PM UTC
Bought this kit as an impulse buy while picking up some paints at the LHS. Usually I'm an aircraft modeler, but I find these Braille Scale kits a nice diversion from wings. My compressor was out for repairs for 2 weeks, so I used that time to do some assembly on 7 more German armor kits from Dragon. I really like these kits. Good detail, go together well, nd quite accurate as far as I can tell.
Anyway, here the Kingtiger, painted with Model Master enamels, drybrushed and washed. Thanks for looking, comments welcome....

hedorah59
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 06:40 AM UTC
Nice work, Mark. I like the camoflage pattern you used. I have a bunch of the Dragon braille scale kits in a stack at home, they look to be great little kits.
Braille
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 07:21 PM UTC
Mark,

Welcome to Armorma! Nice job on the KT. Hope you enjoyed building this one and the other armor stash of Dragon kit you have. Hoping the bug hits you and you find yourself building more of these little jems and posting them here. Thanks for posting and sharing your build.

-Eddy
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 07:37 PM UTC

A very nice KT. It is often hard to airbrush disruptive camo on braille scale subjects and your build looks great.
Firefly74
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 09:41 PM UTC
Hi Mark, nice work. Good looking camo.
Cheers,
Tim
Jagdfleiger
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 04:32 PM UTC
Thanks everyone. A few more in progress, then it's back to winged things for a bit, then some more of these
Braille
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 05:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks everyone. A few more in progress, then it's back to winged things for a bit, then some more of these

Mark,

Being that you're planning on doing a few more of these armor things would you be disinterested in joining us for some fun? Check out the Forums / Campaigns / 'Braille Battlefield' building campaign. There is still time to join this campaign and earn a campaign ribbon for your efforts. lots of members there that are more than willing to lend some help, construction and finishing tips, should you need it and so much to see. The best part of it is sharing your stuff and getting to know most of the braille builders and Lego builders (35th scale and up) too!

If your interested in joining the campaign just click on the Campaigns tab on the top of this posting and click on the "Braille Battlefield' link. Check out the rules. You'll need to be logged on in order to enlist on the campaign page. Seven weeks to go until the campaign is over so you should have plenty of time to build at least one kit.

Hoping to see you there,
-Eddy
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 06:14 PM UTC
Great work Mark, your painting techniques really make this build stand out! I really look forward to seeing more of your 1/72 armor builds, and would encourage you to join the Braille Battlefield campaign as well if you're a campaign guy
 _GOTOTOP