_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Cyber-Hobby Panzerjager I B
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 01:39 PM UTC
Rick Cooper opens the lid on Cyber-Hobby's Panzerjager I B mit 7.5cm StuK 40 L/48, a very limited run which is getting very difficult to find.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 03:10 PM UTC
This kind of configuration always struck me as awkwardly clumsy, but this same aspect also renders vehicles like this as rather intriguing. Are you planning on putting together a build review of this kit Rick?
clovis899
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 04:00 PM UTC
Honestly, when I started the review I thought there was no chance; I felt like I wouldn't even put it in the 'build someday' pile. But, as I spent more time with it I have become a bit more intrigued by the awkward little fellow, so I will probably build it after I clear the bench of a couple of projects. Should be fun!

Rick
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 07:04 PM UTC
I agree, this one would very likely find itself at the top of my stash waiting for an open spot on the work bench. Let me know when you start building it as I'd like to follow it
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 01:43 AM UTC
Nice review - and it's got to be one of the more-interesting one-offs those CH folks have tossed out!

It's pretty cool - aside from that need to hack away to mount the gun... I did also notice the lack of ammo storage - but sort of figure that the builders weren't actually thinking that this thing was going to travel very far, nor live very long, so... I'll make do with a couple of rounds and cannisters tossed on back, I think.

This kit is actually "next up" on my pile, as I'm in a Pz I flurry right now.

As for that big big gun on that wee little panzer... it's probably not all that different, I should think, than that RSO w/ the 7.5cm PaK 40... same sized ride, and the Pz I is a lower profile chassis! Just keep it "over the bow" and no broad-siding, and you'ld maybe just rock the boat a bit.... "No Biggie!"

Rick: The notion of a "trebuchet" panzer.... COOL! But I fear the throw-weight would be mighty limited, seeing as its all about mass and length of yard-arm with those things (back in the 70's I helped build one w/ 6 tons of sand to toss a commode about 370 yrds... this "gun" was HUGE)! Maybe a Tiger chassis could provide enough landscape for one of the big jobs with the hamster-wheel!

If someone wants C-H to do it, maybe all one has to do is "discover" some long-lost napkin-art or beer-stained back-of-the-envelope "concept drawing" somewhere...

Bob
clovis899
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 02:42 PM UTC
Bob,
I would have loved to see that. I keep threatening to build one for school, we could chuck melons for a fund raiser, or just toss a few at our rival school, but so far no dice.
As for the napkin idea, I'm sure I have one around here somewhere that I could send them!

Rick
 _GOTOTOP