_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
WW2 Diorama "The Kharkov's direction"
yunker
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 12:32 PM UTC
This diorama is made in scale 1:35. It reflects the drama and intense fighting in eastern Ukraine, in 1943.

pdelsoglio
Visit this Community
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 01:04 PM UTC
Hi there!
I really like it! Impressive job! The diorama really transmits that tense winter combat atmosphere.
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Pablo
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 - 07:55 PM UTC
Hi Igor. In a world where so many build smaller, compact dios and vignettes, its so nice to see a battle scene with size and space, and probably more realistic. You captured the secene nicely. I really like the composition of the scene. Great work with the damaged houses and snow effects, and especially the burnt out truck. Wish there were more photogrpahs.
Snert24
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 01:04 AM UTC
Hi
I like Dioramas like this very much!! Great work. Respekt!!!
Greetings- Swen
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 01:32 AM UTC

I remember having seen this elsewhere:
http://en.diorama.ru/gallery/dioramas/2669/

Hi Igor,
Very nice diorama, having half a T-34 also helps us imagine a bigger picture, the figures are also superb. A large and well detailed piece.

Regards,
campbellbart
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 02:01 AM UTC
Nice work....I would love to see more pics and some close up pics as well.

Bart
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 03:30 AM UTC
Well done Igor

Like Frank already sayed i like the space you gave the scene.
The dio looks very good. We could use more pictures.

Thanks for showing

Claude
redmike
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 03:43 AM UTC
Great job
yunker
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 05:50 AM UTC
Thank you very much for your posts & your attention to my work! Your opinion is very important for me because it’s a first time when I show my diorama to the international community.
This is my second work, it’s size is 95x35 cm.

The Kharkov’s battles aren’t popular for majority of people. However they were the second great turning point in the war in the East after Stalingrad. In that time Kharkov was one the largest city in Ukraine and an important transport hub. Besides it is located in eastern Ukraine, near the Seversky Donets River, and thus represents an ideal starting point for conducting operations in the direction of the Volga.
The battles around Kharkov in February-March 1943 were a dramatic, maneuverable fighting, where daily the success of both parties was hanging by a thread. I’m interested in this episode because in such operations more important the maneuver and the movement of corps and divisions in the space than the number of tanks and guns. As well at that time the Soviet and the German troops became equal in combat experience.
More photo:

MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 07:13 PM UTC
Igor,
Man ....I really like this diorama! Can you tell us about it? Who makes the figures you used? the tanks? Are the bulidings scratch built?

Really cool dio!
yunker
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2011 - 09:29 PM UTC
Art Summit, thank you for your interest!
1. Figures
As the main strike force I used the figures from Russian manufacturer "Tank". Wounded Germen were made on the basis of the set «Dragon» (6372), some of figures from this set I sawed and made from them disabled soldiers.
The fighter with a grenade in the basement of house and the Soviet soldiers at the mortar position are from MasterBoks. I had to shorten them and to change poses for giving them a reclining position. Plus I took 2 figures from Verlinden.
All figures were painted with acrylic paints Vallejo.
As for tanks & buildings I continue a little bit later.

GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 04:06 PM UTC
Great dio! The Russian next to the ammo is a cool touch!
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 05:10 PM UTC
Very, very impressive work. The more I see, the more I want to see, overall views from every angle as well as details. I can't recall seeing a better executed diorama in quite some time, thanks for sharing it.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 05:41 PM UTC
I agree, very impressive Igor! Thanks for posting the additional photos, there is so much going on in your diorama that it would have been easy to miss some of the great details you have put together if you hadn't focused in on them for us.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 03:29 AM UTC
This is a stunning diorama Igor- the scale is pretty damn big and it would be easy to forget about figures in such a large diorama but the figures, brilliantly painted and finished by the way, really draw you right through the diorama and all the action going on. Fantastic composition and a real nice piece of work.
yunker
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 09:54 AM UTC
Thank you once again for your high estimate of my work. I added some general views & would like to say some words about burned T-34.

2. T-34 tank
At the beginning the model was painted in a base color. To imitate the ash I used a lot of black pigment P-23 & interspersed spots of white pigment R022. To fix the pigment I used a Mig Productions Pigment Fixative.
Then I did “Mapping” by acrylic paint using irregular brush strokes around the body of the tank. Rust was made by combining “Mapping” with the method of "dry brush".

p.s. Excuse me for any inaccuracies, frankly speaking, for me it’s difficult to describe my actions in English.
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 10:05 AM UTC
Igor: An awesome diorama. Thanks for the additonal images and explanations! A couple of the images seemed almost like paintings as the whole scene is so well composed and tied together. Truely stunning work.

Happy Modelling, -zon
 _GOTOTOP