Hosted by Darren Baker
Accurate Armour Jackal 2
9504cheffy
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 128 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 04:04 AM UTC
Well i think ive finished the old girl,started this in Dec2010 and have just finished today.
The kit is a very nice one with all parts numbered on the sprues and on the etch.
I have painted her with Tamiya,Vallejo and XTracrylix and then used Tamiya weathering powders.
The crew are the Accurate Armour Jackal 2 crew which are very nice and the only fault is the 50cal gunner must be about 7ft tall but once fitted in the weapons mount he looks fine

Hope you like
Neil
bigmal
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 211 posts
Armorama: 176 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 06:12 AM UTC
Nice job you have done there, Neil
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / España
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 214 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 12:59 AM UTC
Nice one Neil. If this is your first resin vehicle then it´s a very daring debut indeed & I take my hat off to you. I like your choice of colours for then DPM kit ,it is spot on. As for the desert DPM I can only suggest that you use a finer brush with Vallejo model colour diluted with distilled water,study the pattern & take a bit more time & maybe put a bit of wash on things. My method (& there are many others) is to use a ground pastel crayon with extremely diluted white wood glue & apply it to a moistened area where dust would accumulate. That is okay for dusty weathering but for finer weathering you could try the Vallejo washes but they need a matt overcoat. Don´t let the lack of comments dis-hearten you,just look how many views you´ve got. I wouldn´t mind one of those myself but I will have to finish what i´ve got .
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 01:59 AM UTC
Looks fantastic Neil.....a real mean looking machine and you've done it justice.

I'm afraid I'll wait for someone to do it in plastic: I couldn't ace that much resin
9504cheffy
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 128 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 04:23 AM UTC
Gents,many thanks for the comments,yes this is my 1st resin kit and i must say at times the instructions became a real cause of frustration!!!
The kit is a lot of money but when i look at the time taken to build then it evened itself out to what i would have spent on smaller plastic kits.
I did tell my wife it only cost £40.00 but then my 8year old son piped up "no dad it was £90.00 BUSTED.
Figures have been my bug bear and a weak spot but these have improved a lot from what i used to turn out.

Once again gents thanks for the kind and constructive comments.
regards Neil
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 07:40 AM UTC
Nice job Neil.

It's kind of funny that the most important lesson you learned on your first resin kit is... not to tell anyone what these things cost!!
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 11:53 AM UTC
Nice one Neil.....
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 786 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 12:46 PM UTC
nice project and good to see it come to completion Neil. if i mention Accurate Armour my Visa card quivers and whimpers in my wallet. i will enjoy their kits by looking at your submission for now. cheers, bd.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 01:18 PM UTC
Nicely done. Resin kits can be a real bear sometimes. Also never trust children to keep a secret.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP