_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
MasterBox Hand to Hand Combat '43
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 03:57 PM UTC
Darren Baker reviews the last in the three part Bloody Atoll Series from MasterBox, this one labeled Hand to Hand Combat, Tarawa, November 1943.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 06:25 PM UTC
Thanks for getting this one up Darren!

I'm surprised at how much flash there is around the parts, but it looks like it won't be a problem for the most part. I was wondering what the fit of the figures is like, do you think that there will be any alignment issues with them?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 12:49 AM UTC
Jeremy I have used a number of figures from MasterBox and for the most part there products go together very well. I have too many things on my plate at the moment to start on these as well, but I believe and see no reason why these figures should be any different as despite not being one of their newest products they are new enough to have benefited from their experience.
hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 03:52 AM UTC
The small pouch the reviewer "thinks" is a tool kit is actually the first aid dressing pouch. This was standard equipment across all theaters. The larger, "jungle first aid pouch", at the rear of the belt, was peculiar to those fighting in the pacific. Just an FYI.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 06:30 AM UTC
Thank you for that Information Robert it did not occur to me they would carry two first aid kits and the only other mentioned pouch it could be was the tool kit for the weapon.
 _GOTOTOP