Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri Jagdpanzer IV Ausf. F
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 05:59 AM UTC
Less than a month ago I did a review of the Italeri 1/72 JPz IV. This kit was built during and for The Workhorse: Panzer IV campaign that recently concluded here on Armorama. It was always my intention to share this build with the membership and I finally have gotten around to taking some images.

As an aside, this is the first kit for which I have tried to create a base. Other than some Matchbox bases I had no experience with them. The main part of the base was a pre-cut unfinished wood base that I purchased from the local hobby shop for 99 cents. The ground cover on the base is a combination of DecoArt Sno-Tex textured acrylic tinted with Tamyia acrylics. Embedded in this were various ground cover mediums from the model railroad department. Not only was this my first base mounted model but also the first I have ever entered in a model show (and the first show I ever attended). My thanks to all the great people here on the Kitmaker sites that have encouraged me and offered their assistance during my recent return to this hobby.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Jan
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 11:54 PM UTC
Hi Jan

nicely applied 3 colour camo, & the pics you posted show off a handsome looking finished build

cheers
Neil
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 03:23 AM UTC
Jan, very nice to finally see this series of finished pictures. Your pictures are very clear and I love the way that one can see parts of the interior that you built. The pictures also seem a bit different from your usual. Did you use ant new techniques in taking them?

regards,
AJ
PedroA
Visit this Community
Valencia, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 07:47 AM UTC
Nice model.

Regards. Pedro.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 03:27 AM UTC
AJ and Pedro, thank you for taking the time to look and comment.

AJB, the camera was set in aperture priority at F18. Two wireless remote flashes were set to either side of the camera with each about a foot to one side and pointed at the subject but with the flash heads set to bounce off the ceiling. As far as I am concerned, it did a quite good job of illuminating and the pictures required no software correction for exposure. As a bonus, the last couple of pictures actually let the viewer have a view into the interior. Still not quite what I am shooting for but getting closer.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP