_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M113 Question
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 09:33 AM UTC
Hello guys,i have this kit

i have a budget to spend another 50$ on extras,references etc.
I am thinking what conversion should i do,but i dont have a idea,and i would be very thankfull to anyone who shares me a idea what can i convert it to with the budget and alot of styrene and scratchbuilding,pics or plans would be very nice some info is usefull too.
Kind regards,Sven!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 09:45 AM UTC
Sven, cool to see you are into IDF. As for extras, I would definitelly suggest getting new tracks, Modelkasten or Friuls come to mind... I have both sets for my M163, first I got Modelkasten but figured they are just too much work and then decided to get the Friuls too as they were only 18EUR at Moson show.

Mario

SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 09:57 AM UTC
Yeah,Mario i like IDF alot,i have this kit for severall months now,got it as a gift before i even started modelling,thanks for the suggestion,i will ask one of my buddies to get it for me!
Thanks for reply,Sven!
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:09 PM UTC
I built that kit with the Eduard photo-etch sets. It came out looking great. Here is a link showing the finished build:
http://idfmodelling.free.fr/kit_m113_08.html

Have fun with this build, there are lots of opportunities with it.

RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 - 12:55 PM UTC
Sven;
Well this kit,is fairly well detailed OOB,. It will let you build (2) different Fitters from the IDF. With different stowage added to the sides you can build a
Chatap Maint vehicle from IDF. You can build the origonal test vehicle from US.
Other foreign use includes a Belgian M806, or Dutch of the same. To blend different items from several M113 types you could build an Dutch YPR806 MRV. This vehicle has the Float sponson on the left side to counteract the crane., a 11.5' blade on the front, a recovery winch inside the vehicle, spades on either side of the rear doar. Personally, this is the type that I will add to my conversion/ build list, to add to my collection. If U have more interest and want photos send me a mess. and I will fwd what I have for you to review. Todd
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 12:40 AM UTC
Thanks everyone!
Todd>i would like to make a Israeli vehicle!
 _GOTOTOP