_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
tiger in south of Italy
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:45 PM UTC
Hi guys
This is a tiger in south of Italy.
The tiger is by Italeri and the troops are german fallschirmjager by dragon. The dio isn't finished I have to put the lights on the tank and I have to paint well the figures face and uniforms, I have to do also decent photos. The House is by Verlinden but I did a lot of work of scratbuild .
Tell me what you think

regards
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:15 AM UTC
Venom
Nice job. I like the overall composition of this diorama. I like the colors used, the reds and yellows are nice and complement each other well. I also like the variety of uniforms used.
Since you're still working here are a couple of things that might help add a bit to it. As always photos are hard to judge on the tone of some dioramas, with this one the walls seem a bit clean. Depending on how they look in person I might add a touch of pastels, browns, and tans for dirt and dust.
I personally would put a bit more rubble on the gray well. That just struck me as a bit to uncovered.
One really nit-picky thing - you could add some paper straps to the water pipe running up the corner of the wall.
My points are very minor and also to personal tastes so you decide what you want and go with it.
I like the diorama and I can tell you've put a lot of time into it. Very nice job.
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,255 posts
Armorama: 485 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:06 AM UTC
Nice work.

Soem thonughts:

More rubble... think of the debris left by a two story ( or taller) building collpasing.

To clean... your buildingand eventhe tank area little clean fora dustand debris filled war zone. It dust not all have to be dirty brown, but dust gets everywhere - so some dry brushing of dirty browns.

Nice overall job.

John
www.johnneill.com
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:32 AM UTC
Venom

This is starting to look as a stunning dio..
All the points said by the others are correct just as their compliments..

One nitpick I have though is about the wall.. It looks too clean in the way of It looks like this brick wall was painted in one tone of red just two days before it was destroyed and the tank and the para`s come by two days after the destruction. To give the wall a more older look you could give some bricks another color look at this pics and you`ll see what I mean

You`ll see on this pics some brick have another color. this difference in Color happens when the bricks get baked, some get baked longer then others and the lokation where the bricks are made are important as the soil is everywhere different.

This will also make your wall a bit more interesting.

Further then that no comments

chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 02:04 PM UTC
That looks very good! I like the rubble, very realistic!

~Chip :-)
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 03:00 PM UTC
I think the idea for straps on the drainpipe is great.. maybe even a broken one that has sprung away from the pipe.. if the pipe is not molded into the building maybe even pull it away from the structure a bit at the top.. did the pipe break clean? perhaps...maybe it bent out some when the building collapsed.
Considering the boxy shape of the tiger and the stoutness(?) of the building, maybe add something into the dio thats not so linear..... perhaps an old curtain or ripped up banner coming out of one of the windows of the building.......just ideas that can be considered as the dio progresses. Looks like its going to be fun finishing it. I like the colors.
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 06:50 PM UTC
Thanks for the suggestion guys , you give me a lot of good ideas
Now i'm little busy with work, when I'll have a little bit of spear time I want to finish it
regards
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2003 - 06:04 PM UTC
hi Venom great Job..i like it
how do u make the building ? r u using styrofoam as well ? like an article from faust ?
and how bout the rubble ? is it styrofoam as well ?
thks
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2003 - 08:30 PM UTC
hi achtung
the house is by verlinden, the rubble is formed by putty and some brick, plastic part , paper and wood...
regards
 _GOTOTOP