Hosted by Darren Baker
The new Iron Division!
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hello everyone! After overcoming some vision problems I am gearing up to bring back Iron Division Resins and bring it back to stay! I will be keeping with my old tradition of producing what you want to see in Resin and at the same affordable prices. Right now I am at a loss as to what to make so I am open to any and all suggestions you may have in 1/72nd scale. You can message me here or visit my website. Thank you for any and all input you can give.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hi Bob! Are you continuing your line of 1/48 goodies as well? And are you doing anything in 1/35?
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:00 AM UTC
Hello there! Sorry, the only 48th and 35th scale stuff will be Masters for Tankworkshop. I will be doing some ruins and diorama stuff in 48th though. The rest will be strictly 72nd scale.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 08:23 AM UTC
I'm looking forward to your ruins/dio products in 1/48.

As far as 1/72 goes, I'm always looking for good buildings/ruins and dio items. I also would like to see some more conversions that add open panels and engines/transmissions to existing 1/72 kits as well as field maintenance crews and items. I model WWII European and Pacific theatres, as well as WWI and modern.
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 12:15 PM UTC
Interiors? I take it you might be referring to Shermans maybe? New ruins in 48th and 72nd are in the works. I have a 48th scale one nearing completion now. Suggestions are always welcome Jeremy and thank you for yours. Drop by my website sometime and check out the Suggestion Box on my Iron Division Resins page.
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 04:54 PM UTC
Love to see cobblestone streets, brick and block work rubble. Individial bricks are a must and hard to acquire.

All in 1:72
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 05:17 PM UTC
Look forward to more 48th scale stuff yee haw
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hi Bob

good luck with it, I have a few suggestions to throw in;

infra red spotlight for Sd Kfz 251/20 UHU

or Drilling MG151S anti aircraft mount, Sd Kfz 251/21

or parts or entire body for Sd Kfz 251 A / B model to fit on existing chassis of Dragon or Revells Sd Kfz 251 ? No one makes early 251s just the later C / D models

or parts to convert Dragon Panther to Bergepanther

or parts to convert Dragon Panther to Panzer Brigade 150 copy of M10 made for Battle of The Bulge campaign

cheers
Neil
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 - 01:25 AM UTC
Yep, Ruins and Diorama stuff in both 72nd and 48th are at the top of my "To-Do" list, it'll just take alittle time to get them all going (couple months). I have been asked a few times in the last days about a decent bergepanther. Just trying to figure out what to use as a base kit as I've heard really favorable things about Revell's A/D Panther. Might go with that one as I haven't found any references/reviews on Dragon's Panthers.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 - 03:05 AM UTC
dml panther review 1/72
clicky
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 - 04:17 AM UTC
Greetings Bob!

It's very nice to see a manufacturer interested in small scale and willing to accept suggestions. As with the larger scales, it might be something to see some products that represent vehicles from the almost forgotten era of 1914 to 1935. Possible examples are the World War I tanks not yet covered, The Soviet T-28 multi-turreted tank or vehicles along the lines of the American T-7 armoured car. The potential subjects are far from limited.

For us North Americans, some external vehicle storage sets (back packs, boxes, ammo crates etc) from a source closer to home. I know several European concerns make and distribute these items but for us the postage and cost are prohibitive.

Cheers,
Jan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 - 04:50 AM UTC
Yes, anything for Shermans would be great, including the ARV and other conversions you have listed as suggestions!

Panther conversions would be nice to see as well. I think most people would be quite happy to see Bergepanther and other conversions for the Revell kit.

AM tracks would be a great addition to see as well. The Italian tanks suffer from some really bad ones. A lot of people would like to see indy tracks to replace DS tracks in general as well I'm sure.

I second Jan's suggestion for external stowage, and for pre-WWII tanks/vehicles.
It will be great having a manufacturer for these items in our own backyard for a change
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 02:05 AM UTC
Thanks again everyone! Your input is great. As for taking suggestions, I am always open to them. I want Iron Division to be a place by Modelers for Modelers and bringing out what you guys are looking for is my top priority!
I have read numerous review articles about the currently available plastic kits and the problems with Revells Panther are really glaring. I've built a few of them and they are really decent kits exceot for the Turret/Cupola problems with the A/D which are an easy fix. Dragon's Early Jagdpanther's engine deck is also not too terribly difficult to rework. A bergepanther conversion based on Revell's kit has already crossed my mind lately as I find it to be a very interesting vehicle. But this project will not be all about the German stuff. There's too many other things to do. not saying that I WON't do it. I may surprise everyone from time to time!
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 04:05 AM UTC
Hi
I know I'm restarting an old post but I'd quite like to see-
- T-64
- A better BMP-1/2/3
- BMD-1/2/3
- Nona 2S9
- Russian Recovery Vehicles
- BRDM-1/2
- BTR-50
- ZSU-23-4 Shilka
- Modern Russian Infantry
- ASU-57/85
Thanks
Euan
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 05:52 AM UTC
Unfortunately Iron Division is long since dead in the water and gone forever.
Right now I'm taking a break and enjoying actually building stuff again for fun. BUT, that doesn't mean that I don't make Masters anymore.
I did get talked in to (actually "conned")producing items for a brand new company called 72nd Brigade. They are stuck on more modern US and Israeli stuff right now but Russian items are on the "Drawing Board". Thanks for the suggestions and I'll bring them up at the next meeting.
72ndbrigade
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 06:10 AM UTC
Yep, what Bob just said-
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 03:56 PM UTC
Uparmored conversions for Dragon's/Revell's Humvees and modern Specops figures for the various superpowers.
Charlie
 _GOTOTOP