_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Inside the Armour's British badges
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 06:19 AM UTC
John Murcutt reviews an exciting new set of superb photo-etched cap badges for British armored soldiers from Inside the Armour.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 09:04 AM UTC
Hi John,

Good review, and sound background knowledge. A very useful looking set.

Al
MartynSmith
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:10 PM UTC
Hi John

A great review and whats looks like a really useful set; what I need now is a set of cap badges that include the Duke of Wellingtons regt.

Cheers

Martyn
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 03:47 AM UTC
Hi Chris,

Just a though on the cap badges. I think it would be a good idea to do them by Division and/or Brigade.

For example - Guards Armoured could include all 5 Foot Guards Regiments, useable both as infantry and armoured, plus the Household Cavalery, Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers, Royal Corps of Signals etc, etc.

My rational for this is that as a modeller I would mix units from the same Brigade and/or Division but not necessarily different Brigades and Divisions.

Standard Units across the Divisions could be generic to each set ie Artillery, Engineers, Signals, RAOC etc.

I'd be much more inclined to buy a Divisional Set rather than 5 or 6 separate sets to get the divisional badges I wanted.

Alternatively do a set for each Division with the main teeth arms included and a separate set for the support units. Either of these would I think might be more popular and useable and provide scope for the more obscure units, such as Medical and RMP.

Al
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 06:31 AM UTC
They look like they would be very useful. However, I prefer to hand paint the details. It takes two magnifying and a brush I use only for super-detail work. But, it is satisfying to know you painted the badge, insignia, or emblem on.
 _GOTOTOP