_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Preparing - WIP 1/72 scale diorama
num2010
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 - 08:43 AM UTC
Hi all,
Sorry that I didn’t update here long time ago.
Today I have a new project WIP diorama to share and again please feel free to comment and suggest.

Part I: Introduction
This projected I named "Preparing!!!"

There are too many model using for this project, I plan to make 14”x26” estimate diorama base for WWII.

The story for this diorama about the German soldiers is preparing weapons, pre-check Mörser Karl for the mission including with the Ostwind in the workshop. I plan to make the diorama by using these models.

1. Mörser Karl 1/72 sclae - Hasegawa

2. Flakpanzer IV “Ostwind” - Hasegawa

3. German cargo truck (Early & Late) - Acedemy

4. German Munitiansschlepper Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausd.F – Hobby Boss

5. Many sets of 1/72 figures which I got from my friend (Mr.Shawn/US, Mr.Kit/Thailand)
num2010
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 - 09:06 AM UTC
Part II: Making the diorama base and the building

I started with the Mörser Karl/the Ostwind and the water tower first but didn’t paint it yet.

Then made the diorama base from the Plaster of France with the polyfoam underneath.

In the picture above I tried to compare the scale together with the base and the house’s size comparison (this made me desire exactly size for the workshop/warehouse) and the Mörser Karl position.

Then I made the building from Plaster of Paris by casting the plaster in the aluminium tray (my wife’s kitchenware). Casting them not too thick and engraved them as bricks marking, put them together and tight with glue.

The corner above of the building put the bulsa wood cut as shape as we want. (The building style got from many style of Gernan warehouses during WWII then mix them together in my style.)

This one for close-up shot at the windows including with the door edge which made by thin layer polyfoam. Again I used bulsa wood to make the door, the advantage for balsa can show the excellent wooden texture. (I should call this "magic wood..)

The roof of the building also made from magic wood cut them as a tiny stick. Glue them together with the supporter to be a roof’s supporter.

I did airbrushed them in black purpose dark tone can be appear a bit when I brushed a major color tone in reddish brown.

Then I brushed white (add more solvent to be more clear).

At triangular end of a roof made from tiny pieces balsa wood.

Enough for today update now. I will have more progress for tress again tomorrow.
Thank you.
Feel free to comment.
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 11:11 AM UTC
Good job, very realistic for Braille scale..
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 786 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 12:45 PM UTC
killer stuff and even more so given the tiny scale. you seem to have nailed the brick colour, something that is not so easy as one would think. look forward to seeing more. cheers, bd.
num2010
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 04:29 PM UTC
Thanks Erhan and Bruce.

Bruce, as what you said the tiny scale is not easy to do with. I'm lucky that I still have the problem with Myopic and waring eyeglasses during a day and also I have a problem with Presbyopia when do models but I took my eyeglasses off.
num2010
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 05:28 PM UTC
Part II: Making the diorama base and the building (continue)

This time update, I would like to show the technique I applied for the roof and the ground works.
Continue with the building, the rood made from plaster casting in a thin layer trey. Then crafting by tool as 45 degree of angle from the surface. I think this way will make more realistic roof.

Now the building has completed.

I found the material for ground works by used colored sand which using for fish tank, bedding sand, powder of plaster.

On the railroad I put a mixture of water+glue purpose when strew sand on it.

After stew sand, brush them out.

>> Sorry, I don’t have much time but I will try to keep update.
Thanks again for comment.
 _GOTOTOP