_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55A Soviet Navy
converse
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 11:39 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

Here I go with my first build log on Armorama. Its going to be a T-55A in the markings of the Soviet Navy. I am still awaiting many parts to be delivered. Thanks to a kind offer for the markings they will not be a problem. The etch also seems to be taking a while, must chase up!
So far I have the figure, Tamiya T-55A and the WW2 productions track.

Whilst waiting for th etch (and other things) to arrive I thought I would get on with the figure. I usually get the figure done first as after a full build I can never motivate myself to put in the extra work and get the figure done. Lazy I know!

Here you go. Everything but the face done in Acrylics. I cannot for the life of me master using Acrylics for faces and hands and just have to stick with good old oils. he still needs extra matt varnish but I may wait until he is fitted to the tank.

Cheers

Sean
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 12:24 PM UTC
Good start Sean

As i told you, i will follow. Me too i'm interested in Russian nany T55

cheers
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 01:46 PM UTC
Looks like an interesting project. Will follow your progress and good luck!
converse
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 04:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Good start Sean

As i told you, i will follow. Me too i'm interested in Russian nany T55

cheers

Hi mate,
I had not forgotten believe me. I think this Blog will take some time. I have been cleanignup the WW2 productions track and there is still more to do. I am still wairing on a Mig productions Fuel line set and some verlinden Soviet armour dry rub transfers. It'll take time mate.

In addition I may add a figure from DML's absolutely awful Soviet Naval Infantry. I am trying to build him up a bit with Tamiya Putty so he looks more realistic in his shape. If it doesn;t work out he'll go back i the box and on my shelf!

Cheers mate

Sean
converse
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 04:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like an interesting project. Will follow your progress and good luck!

Thanks mate. My first bit of modern Soviet armour and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Sean
converse
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 06:54 PM UTC
Still waiting on my etch although I have downloaded the Eduard instructions and I might just get started and perpare the kit to receive the etch.

In the meanwhile I also thought I would give one of Dragon 1/35 Soviet naval Infantry figures a go to inject some colour next to the tank.

This is where he is up to:

His hands look like they have been stung by bees. Nice and large! Maybe I will have to buy some Hornet hands and replace them although its low on my priorities at the moment.

Cheers

Sean
 _GOTOTOP