_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
proper ammo stowage for academy M-36
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 01:43 PM UTC
i'm just about to start work on Academy's M-36 i know there's some questions as to the accuracy of the kit, but the main thing i'm concerned with is the ammo in the hull as i know it's the same ammo stowage from Academy's other M-10 series kits my question is does any manufacturer make the correct rounds, and what modifications would be needed to get them to fit in the kit any help would be most appreciated thanks
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 07:52 PM UTC
ok i've been trawling the net and found Afv clubs M 36 brass rounds problem is i need the rounds to be in their stowage cases not loose does any manufacturer make these in resin or injection molded plastic?
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 09:42 AM UTC
Ant,

Not sure if anyone makes AM rounds in tubes (I looked a while ago to no avail) but the tubes are easy to make from Evergreen tube. The rounds are longer, so the two "triangular" bulkheads need to be moved forward to fit them, but while you're at it just make new bulkheads from sheet plastic - the kit ones are chunky.

Since very little can be seen through the turret it may not be worth the effort - the kit tubes may look good enough from above? (I was building an M36B1, so the stowage is different, and the Italeri kit had no interior at all - I had no choice but to scratch-build.)

Tom
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 08:17 PM UTC
hi Tom, evergreen tubing! i never thought of that, that may just work, as for the bulkheads i know eduard does an interior update in PE so that may help also, will have to get the update and the tubing and have a look at how things measure up and fit, if not i could just build the interior as is and glue the two halves together as you said not much can be seen from the open turret thanks for your input much appreciated mate.
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 10:27 PM UTC
after some more searching came up with M 36 detailing and ammo set by Verlinden, set no. 2111 this could be the solution to my problem with regards to the ammo, but how accurate is this update, are there any fit issues? has anyone on here had any experience with this update set? i'm sure someone has built Academy's M 36 and come across the same perdicament i'm facing any advice or suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advance Ant.
 _GOTOTOP