_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
need help with diorama idea for m18 hellcat
youpey
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hi guys
I have just finished building the very best model i have ever created, the AFV Club M18 Hellcat. It is by far the best i have built and really want to put it into a small dio scene. The only problem, i have no idea what to make.

I currently have it in this display case, and would like to use this for the dio (lid and all, so nothing tall). I dont want any dust or stuff to ruin it so i want to use the lid
clicky

I purchased a nice wild grass mat and i have the materials to make dirt/muddy roads

I have a decent amount of room in the display case for items, and if it would help, i can take a picture of it. however, I dont think i have enough room to put another tank or vehicle in there, and i really want the hellcat to be the focus of the dio.

if you have any ideas, please post them up.

i am thinking of a spring/summer scene in europe

EDIT: Added Pics

milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 03:44 AM UTC
Hi Mike,
How About Pattons 4th Armor, Battle of Arancourt (However you spell it). Check out Greatest tank battles series. I believe it was 4 Hellcats and some Shermans took on quite a few Panthers. Maybe something like that.
milvehfan
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:27 AM UTC
Unfortunately you will realy have some work cut out for you if you want to fit a crew inside as it is very cramped and any figures will have to be extensively chopped and re-posed to fit. Maybe a couple of suitable Alpine figs standing around (which are very nice, and not too expensive), or wait for MiniArt to release their set of US summer tank crew figures which include a couple of seated figs. I'm waiting for this myself to see if I can make an action crew for an M-10. The Hellcat was in use from the Normandy campaign right up to the end of the war - Operation Cobra - the race across France - Lorraine - during the BOB - etc. Check references and M-18 battalion histories to see exactly when and where they fought.
youpey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:32 AM UTC
thank you for the information.

i am thinking of something like this to make. I like the groundwork and the small wall. I dont want to an exact replica, but this is the general idea. please note, i just found this while browsing the net, and i have nothing to do with this diorama.

linkname

I am not sure what the destroyed building thing on the left hand side of it, but i wont be doing anything like that
Removed by original poster on 05/05/11 - 02:39:53 (GMT).
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 04:20 AM UTC
The destroyed building thing on the left is a small polyurathane foam casting which is well detailed (I have one), but is a little out of place on this type of diorama.
youpey
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 - 10:10 AM UTC
i ordered a fence and found a figure in my stash that fits perfectly in the hellcat

I put down the dirt area and waiting for it to dry. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow i will put down the grass. I ordered a fence piece and waiting for it to arrive. i just have to really start working on my US and german soldiers next

youpey
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 07:46 AM UTC
i got the grass area done and the first log stack. so far i think its looking pretty decent
i also ordered these figures to go with it
https://store.nexternal.com/sbm/storefront/135-dragon-us-infantry-2nd-armored-division-normandy-1944-6120-p9463.aspx
 _GOTOTOP